Larry V. Bishins
Top Rated Tax Attorney in Melbourne Beach, FL
Larry V. Bishins is board certified by the Florida Bar as a tax lawyer. Based in Fort Lauderdale, he focuses his practice on handling IRS tax issues and resolving IRS tax matters including audits and resolution of tax collection cases, IRS Administrative Appelas, tax litigation in United States Tax Court, United States District Court and United States Court of Federal Claims. Mr. Bishins also handles Florida state tax matters including sales tax issues with the Florida Department of Revenue.
Mr. Bishins renders tax advice and tax planning including formation of corpoations and limited liability companies and advice as to the best entity to use for a praticular business as well as International Tax Matters. Mr. Bisnins also handles estate planning matters.
In 1967, Mr. Bishins received a Bachelor of Science in public accounting from Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. Three years later he graduated with his Juris Doctor from the Suffolk University School of Law in Boston in 1970. In 1971, he earned a Master of Law degree in taxation from Boston University.
Mr. Bishins has earned Martindale-Hubbell’s highest attorney rating: AV Preeminent*. He has been rated AV for over 30 years. He is also a member of the Florida Bar Association’s Tax Section, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the International Bar Association’s Business Law Section and Tax Committee and the Amercian Bar Association Tax Section Employee Tax Committee.
Mr. Bishins is an active member of the Massachusetts Bar and handles limited tax matters in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
In addition to being a Beta Alpha Psi National Accounting Honorary, Mr. Bishins has been recognized by the Florida Bar as being a Board Certified Tax Lawyer for over 30 years. Mr. Bishins is a member of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council, the Estate Planning Council of Broward County, the South Florida Tax Litigation Association, the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, the International Fiscal Association and the Tax Freedom Institute.
Mr. Bishins is also a Florida Civil Circuit Mediator.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Tax: Business
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2011 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Larry V. Bishins
First Admitted: 1970, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.bishinslaw.com/attorney-profile.html
- Florida Civil Circuit Mediator
- Tax Freedom Institute
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- International Fiscal Association
- South Florida Tax Litigation Association
- Estate Planning Council of Broward County, Inc.
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council, Inc.
- International Bar Association - Business Law Section - Tax Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association Tax Section-Employment Tax Committee
- Florida Bar Association, Tax Section
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, 1970
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1970
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts, inactive., 1971
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, First Circuit, inactive., 1972
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 1972
- United States Tax Court, 1972
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, inactive., 1974
- United States Supreme Court, 1974
- United States District Court, So. District of Florida, 1974
- Supreme Court of Florida, 1974
- Florida, 1974
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1981
- United States District Court, So. District of Florida Trial Bar, 1987
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1992
- Uni ted States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2002
- Please contact Mr. Bishins to discuss his numerous settlements with the Internal Revenue Service and in United States Tax Court.
- Maritindale-Hubbell rating a v (highest rating) for over 30 years
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Beta Alpha Psi, The National Accounting Honorary, 1966
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of Palm Beach County Housing Finance Authority, February, 1986-2002
- Vice-Chairman, Palm Beach County Housing Finance Authority, 1995-1999
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Tropic Isles Civic Association, 1999 - 2000
- Chairman, Palm Beach County Housing Finance Authority, 2000-2002
- Chairman, Florida Bar 15th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee C., 2002-2003
- Member of the Florida Bar 15th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee C , 2000-2003
- Board of Directors, The One Hundred Club of Broward County, Inc., - 1996-1998
- Member of The One Hundred Club of Broward County, Inc., 1974 to Present
- Palm Beach County Artificial Reef Committee December, 1987 to 1991
- Member, Executive Committee, National Advisory Board-Adam Walsh Children's Fund a Division of the National Center for Missing Exploited Children March, 1990 to 2001
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce-Winterfest Ball Committee, 1996
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, B.S. in Public Accounting (June), 1967
- Boston University, Master of Laws in Taxation , June, 1971
- Florida Bar Board Certified Tax Lawyer for over 30 years , 1983
Last Updated: 12/29/2020