Jessica J. Travis
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Melbourne, FloridaDefendBrevard.com
DefendBrevard.com founding attorney Jessica J. Travis is a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and recognized Super Lawyer that has been practicing since 1999. She has represented thousands of clients fighting criminal charges ranging from DUI to First Degree Murder at trial and appeal. Through DefendBrevard.com she uses her advocacy skills to fight for citizens in Brevard County, Florida who are facing criminal defense, accident and personal injury, civil rights and victims' rights cases.
DefendBrevard.com is proud to serve Palm Bay, Melbourne, Viera, Rockledge, Cocoa, Titusville, Mims, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Melbourne Beach and the greater Brevard County, Florida area.
Jessica has completed The National Criminal Defense College (NCDC), The NCDC Advanced Cross-Examination Seminar, forensic science seminars and various others focused on defending high-level felony accusations. Jessica has also regularly attends education by the Florida Justice Association, a group focusing on civil law and injury cases. Jessica is admitted to the Kansas, Missouri and Florida bars as well as the Middle District of Florida. She is a member of the Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court and has been a board member of the Brevard County Bar Association from 2019 to present.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Appellate, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1999, Kansas
Professional Webpage: https://www.travislaw-brevard.com/
- National Criminal College, Trial Practice Institute - 2004 graduate; National Criminal Defense College, Advance Cross Examination Workshop - completed 2005; Federal Forensic Science Seminar 2007; KACDL Continuing Legal Education 2007; NACDL Forensic Science Seminar 2008; KACDL Continuing Legal Education 2008; Federal Sentencing Guidelines Training 2008.
- Florida Today in their lawsuit to obtain the video of the death of black veteran Gregory Edwards at the Brevard County, Florida jail - result: video released - Florida Today v. Wayne Ivey, Brevard County Case no. 20-CA-034489., 2020
- Statutory, Constitutional and practical consideration of admitting child hearsay in criminal and civil cases in Florida., Co-Author, Is Child Hearsay Automatically Admissible? - Dependency Verses Criminal Cases, Ex Parte, Brevard County Bar Association, 2020
- Super Lawyer (Florida), 2021
- Presentation of the Year, Team Captain - Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court, 2019
- Super Lawyer (Florida), 2020
- Super Lawyer Rising Start (Kansas City), 2008
- Super Lawyer Rising Star (Kansas City), 2009
- Super Lawyer Rising Start (Kansas City), 2007
- Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyer by National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court, 2012
- Brevard County Bar Association - Board Director, 2019
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2000
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2010
- National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- Brevard Co. Bar Assoc.; Inns of Court.
- National Trial Lawyers; FL Justice Assoc.; National & FL Assoc. Criminal Defense Attys; Board Me
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2010