Rodrigo S. Da Silva
Top Rated International Attorney in Miami Beach, FL
Attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva is the founder and owner of Law Offices of Rodrigo S. Da Silva, P.A., in Miami Beach, Florida. A highly rated and very versatile attorney with more than 10 years of legal experience, Mr. Da Silva provides exceptional counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout South Florida and all across Latin America and Brazil who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Civil and commercial litigation for issues such as employment discrimination and harassment, wage and hour disputes, international litigation and arbitration
· Onshore and offshore asset recovery
· Enforcement of foreign and domestic judgments
· Post-judgment litigation
· U.S. immigration
· Real estate and business transactions
Regardless of the issues his clients are facing or the complexities involved with their cases, Mr. Da Silva maintains an unwavering focus on protecting the rights and interests of those he serves while helping them achieve the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
A native of Uruguay, Mr. Da Silva has strong ties to the Latin American community. Fluent in Portuguese, he has handled numerous matters originating from Brazil along with a host of other international cases. He has gained a reputation for his intellect and undaunted approach to advocating for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom. Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, he has received consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2004 cum laude graduate of Monroe College, Mr. Da Silva obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University in 2010. He holds his license to practice in Florida, New York, New Jersey and the District of Columbia, and he is admitted to practice before various U.S. District Courts in those states as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd and 11th circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court.
From his success in court, Mr. Da Silva has obtained many published decisions. He also draws upon his extensive legal knowledge and experience to conduct lectures and seminars across the country and around the world on a variety of legal topics. He is an active member of the American Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the International Association of Young Lawyers, the International Law Section of the Florida Bar and the Dade County Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
- 20%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Immigration: Business
- 10%Immigration: Consumer
Trade Secret, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business Organizations
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022
About Rodrigo S. Da Silva
First Admitted: 2011, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://rdasilvalaw.com/bio/rodrigo-s-da-silva/
- B.A., Monroe College, 2004, cum laude
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Dade County Bar Association
- International Law Section of the Florida Bar
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- District of Columbia, Florida, New York, New Jersey, U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- AIJA’s 2018 Annual Congress on Globalization, The Modern International Family: At Home, At Work, Abroad (Brussels, Belgium, September 2018)
- AIJA’s 2011 Half-Year Congress on Bribery & Corruption, Recovery of Stolen National Wealth: Time for a New Model? (São Paulo, Brazil, November 2011)
- C-5 Conference on Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery, Master Class — How to Overcome the Challenges Posed by Data Privacy and Data Protection Laws when Conducting Fraud Investigations (Miami, USA, November 2013).
- Sallah ex rel. MRT LLC v. Worldwide Clearing, LLC, et al., 860 F. Supp. 2d 1329 (S.D. Fla. 2011) (order denying various motions to dismiss fraudulent transfers and unjust enrichment claims by a Receiver prosecuting claims in connection with a $50 million Ponzi scheme).
- Comparelli v. República Bolivariana de Venezuela, 891 F.3d 1311 (11th Cir. 2018) (order reviving $70 million lawsuit against Venezuela and its state-owned petrochemicals company, Pequiven, for expropriating two Venezuelan companies in violation of international law).
- Sallah v. Worldwide Clearing, LLC, 10-62264-CIV, 2012 WL 399209 (S.D. Fla. Feb. 7, 2012) (order granting Receiver’s motions for summary judgment against net winner fraudulent transferees of a Ponzi scheme).
- In re Pimenta, 942 F. Supp. 2d 1282 (S.D. Fla. 2013) (order denying motion to quash subpoenas filed by the targets of an international asset tracing investigation pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1782).
- CJM Partners, LLC v. Minerva Di Giacomo, 187 So. 3d 877 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016) (holding a trial court’s issuance of a temporary injunction without setting a bond and requiring its posting was an abuse of discretion).
Last Updated: 5/15/2022