Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Miami, FL
Aislynn Thomas-McDonald is an attorney at Thomas-McDonald Law in Miami, Florida. Ms. McDonald devotes her practice to family law, estate planning and probate, serving clients throughout Miami. She handles matters involving divorce, adoption, child custody, marital agreements, guardianships, probate administration, trusts and wills.
Ms. McDonald is experienced with litigation and collaborative law methods, including mediation. Recognized for her accomplishments, she is AV Preeminent* peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Active in both her legal and professional communities, Ms. McDonald is a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Duval County Bar Association, the Monroe County Bar Association, The Florida Bar and the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Inc. She is a former professor in the English departments of Belhaven University and Miami Dade College.
Ms. McDonald enjoys giving back to her community through volunteer work. She volunteers her time to organizations, including The Bolles School parent association, the Chapman Partnership for the homeless, the Fund for American Studies and ProLiteracy. She is a former board member of the Baptist Health Foundation, South Florida, the Growing Place Early Childhood Center and the Women’s Committee for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami.
Ms. McDonald obtained a bachelor’s degree from the American University of Paris and earned a master’s degree from Mississippi College. She received her law degree from Florida International University College of Law. Prior to her legal career, she spent many years teaching and advocating for various causes, including children’s legal advocacy, domestic violence awareness, the literary arts and the rights of women.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Wills
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022
About Aislynn Thomas-McDonald
First Admitted: 2012, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://thomasmcdonaldlaw.com/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past Board Member, The Growing Place, Early Education Center, First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables, 2012-2014
- BHSF Founder’s Society Member, 2014-Present
- Volunteer, Palmer Trinity School, Parent Association, 2020-Present
- Hubbard House, Duval County Womens Shelter Against Domestic Violence
- Volunteer, Pro-Literacy
- Volunteer, Alumni Circle, the Fund for American Studies
- Member, Dean’s Alumni Circle, FIU College of Law
- Defending Best Interests Project, Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem Program for Monroe County, 2018
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami, Womens Committee Board Member, 2012, 2013-2015
- Baptist Health South Florida - Founder's Society; BHSF Foundation Board Member, 2013-2015
- Volunteer, Chapman Partnership for the Homeless, Miami
- Wolfson's Childrens Hospital - Nemours Specialty Clinic
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar
- Collaborative Family Law Practice Group, South Florida Chapter, 2017
- Member, Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- http://www.rpptl.org/Private/Content/ActionLine/RP_ActionLine_Winter2017_FINAL.PDF#page=24, Author, Winded: A Legal Career Is Not a Sprint, ActionLine Magazine, Probate
- Adjunct Professor, English Dept, Belhaven College, 2005-2007
- Assistant Professor, English Dept, Miami-Dade College, 2007-2009
- B.A., Journalism (Major) & French (Minor), American University of Paris, France, 2001
- M.S., Mass Communications, Mississippi College, 2005
- Collaborative Family Law Certified, 2016
- Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, 2015 – Present
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Completed Napa Ragnar Ultra Relay, 2018
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rating by Peers, 2018
- Completed 9 Marathons: London (x2), Miami (x2), Chicago, Phoenix, Disney, Paris, D.C. & Raised $10,000 for Charitable Organizations through Funraising in Conjunction to Race Participation
- Peer Review Rating, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell , 2018
- Third DCA Appellate Ruling in Favor of Our Client Charles Waldon vs. GD of Charles Waldon, et al., 2018
- Estate Planning And Mediation
- Family Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022