Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Miami, FL
Bonnie Sockel-Stone is a partner at Sockel-Stone Family Law . She serves the Miami-Dade area in a wide range of family law cases, including alimony, equitable distribution, parenting plans, paternity and international child custody disputes.
Ms. Sockel-Stone completed her bachelor’s degree in accounting in 1985 and worked for two accounting firms, experience that benefits her family law clients. In 1989, she graduated from the University of Florida with a Juris Doctor and was admitted to the Florida Bar, and in 1991, she also gained admittance to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Over the past few decades, Ms. Sockel-Stone has earned several awards. These include the Above and Beyond Award for 2017 and 2018, which is issued by the Florida Bar's Family Law Section. She is also board-certified in marital and family law, a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and International Academy of Family Lawyers and is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. A leader in her professional community, she is a member of the Florida Bar Family Law Section Executive Council and has served in many roles on the organization’s committees. She also serves on committees with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Florida Chapter, and she is a member of several other local and national attorney associations.
Outside of the courtroom, Ms. Sockel-Stone focuses her efforts on serving her religious and local communities. She has provided pro bono services to represent children in foster care as well as to victims of domestic violence. In service to the Jewish community, she has served on the Temple Beth Sholom School Board and was once president of the National Council of Jewish Women Greater Miami Section.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Bonnie Sockel-Stone
First Admitted: 1989, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.sockelstone.com/attorney/stone-bonnie-sockel/
- B.S., Accounting, University of Florida, Fisher School of Accounting, 1985
Other Outstanding Achievements
- National Council of Jewish Women Greater Miami Section Myra Farr Volunteer Service Award
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kidside Inc. Board President (2010), Secretary 2008-2009; National Council of Jewish Women Greater Miami Section President, May 2011-2013; Vice President-Public Affairs, May 2007-May 2011; Prior service on the Temple Beth Sholom School Board, CHARLEE Board, the City of North Miami Personnel Board and as a hearing officer for the Miami-Dade County Department of Business Development. Pro Bono representation of Domestic Violence Victims through Shalom Bayit. Pro Bono Guardian Ad Litem
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Florida Chapter Legislation Committee and Webinar Committee
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Member in Good Standing, 1991-present
- Florida Bar, Member in Good Standing, 1989-present
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar Executive Council, Family Law Section Legislative Committee (Co-Chair), Certification Review CLE Committee, Finance Committee; Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Dade County Bar Association
- Board Certified in Marital and Family Law
Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2011
- Top Rated Lawyer by Super Lawyers
- National Council of Jewish Women Greater Miami Section, Myra Farr Volunteer Service Award
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, Legislative Award 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, Above and Beyond Award 2017 and 2018
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent rated
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2012
- 13 to Watch in 2013, Attorney at Law Magazine, 2013
- Lecturer, KAAA Legislative Fix, Florida Bar Family Law Section Webinar, Lectured on the revisions to Florida Statute Section 61.075 regarding passive appreciation on non-marital property when marital funds are used to pay down a mortgage or note, 2018
- Jewish Community Services Shalom Bayit Program, Lecturer, Domestic Violence Injunctions, 2010
- Authored the following articles: 1. Preventing Same-Sex Couples From Divorcing is Unjust, Daily Business Review August 21st 2014; 2. Divorcing Spouses Should Consider Tax-Filing Options, Daily Business Review March 21st 2014; 3. Discovering Hidden Assets: What your Spouse Hasn't Disclosed During Your Divorce which, 10-30-2013. Lectured on Domestic Violence issues at the Jewish Community Services Educational Programs and participated as a speaker for the Dade-County Bar Association Family Law Committee Continuing Education Seminar; speaker for Family Law Section Case Law Update 2014; Speaker Mechanics of Board Certification November 2014
- Lecturer, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Webinar: A Matter of Trust, Trust Instruments in Divorce, 2017
- Lecturer, Family Law Section of the Florida Bar Webinar, Case Law Update, 2014
- Author, Lexis Practice Advisor-Prenuptial Agreements, 2016
Last Updated: 6/3/2022