Bruce A. Katzen
Top rated Estate & Trust Litigation attorney in Miami, FloridaKluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine, P.L.
Bruce A. Katzen is a co-founder and the chair of the Trust and Litigation Practice Group at the law firm of Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine, P.L., located in Miami and Boca Raton, Florida. He represents clients in and around Miami in estate and trust litigation, estate planning, business litigation, trust and guardianship disputes, and securities litigation.
A certified public accountant with a summa cum laude undergraduate degree in accounting and finance from Boston University, Mr. Katzen went on to study law at the University of Miami School of Law. He was a Reid scholar, the class salutatorian, and part of the University of Miami Law Review. Graduating magna cum laude in 1984, he was licensed to practice in Florida the same year. He also gained admission to appear before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Katzen has been rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest peer-review rating that sets apart the country’s elite attorneys. He is a well-experienced attorney who has handled several legal matters involving technical financial issues. His background in finance helps him understand the finer details that come with cases involving complex probate and financial fraud.
Named among the Best Lawyers in America by the U.S. News & World Report, Mr. Katzen has garnered several accolades throughout his legal career. He has been named a Legal Elite by the Florida Trend magazine and Best of the Bar by the South Florida Business Journal. Furthermore, he has been nominated as a Top Lawyer – commercial litigation by the Aventura Magazine and listed among the Top Lawyers by the South Florida Legal Guide.
A licensed practitioner for more than three decades, Mr. Katzen is a part of many prominent legal associations:
· The Florida Bar
· The Miami Dade County Bar Association
· The American Bar Association
· The Miami-Dade Trial Lawyers Association
· The American Association for Justice
He spends time outside of his law practice giving back to his community; he is a part of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, the Mount Sinai Medical Center – Young Presidents Club and United Way, a nonprofit that aims to improve the well-being of the community.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate & Trust Litigation, Business Litigation, Securities Litigation
- 50% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 30% Business Litigation
- 20% Securities Litigation
First Admitted: 1984, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.klugerkaplan.com/attorneys/diane-wagner-katzen/
- Which Will Come First: The End Of Uber’s Labor Lawsuit Or Self-Driving Cars? (October 14, 2015)
- When The CEO Has To Go: American Apparel as Case Study – The Corporate Counsel Magazine (July 18, 2014)
- Dual CEO’s: Good Leadership Move or Two Headed Monster? – The Corporate Counsel Magazine (September 26, 2014)
- Starbucks ‘Race Together’ May Brew Up Legal Risk (March 23, 2015)
- Certified Public Accountant
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Salutatorian, 1984 Boston University, B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, 1980
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010 – 2013 Super Lawyers, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 – 2012 Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2005, 2008, 2011 and 2012 South Florida’s Top Rated Lawyers – Commercial Litigation, Martindale Hubbell Legal Leaders, 2012 Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated Top Lawyers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2004 – 2005 The Best of the Bar, South Florida Business Journal, 2004 – 2005 University of Miami Law Review Reid Scholar
- Florida, 1984 U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1984 U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1984
Office location for Bruce A. Katzen
201 South Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, FL 33131
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023