Bruce H. Lehr
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Miami, FloridaLehr Levi & Mendez, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr is the co-founder and senior partner of Lehr Levi & Mendez, P.A., located in Miami, Florida. He has been defending individuals against all types of state and federal criminal charges ranging from murder to bank, securities and health care fraud to money laundering and internet sex crimes. He has tried over 350 cases to juries in the state and federal courts for clients in Florida and nationwide.
Esteemed for his noteworthy legal experience and distinguished trial skills, Mr. Lehr is highly recognized and respected among his colleagues, judges and clients. Due to his staunch ethical standards and diligence, he zealously fights for his clients’ freedom. While advocating for his clients legally, he also shows a genuine concern for their emotional well-being.
Before obtaining his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law, Mr. Lehr completed his bachelor’s degree at the University of Miami, where he served as the editor in chief of The Miami Hurricane student newspaper. He began his career as a chief prosecutor of the Dade County courts and as the Narcotics Division’s senior trial attorney in the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. He was also appointed to the Florida Governor's Alcohol and Highway Safety Task Force.
Mr. Lehr’s professional memberships include The Florida Bar, the New York State Bar Association, the Miami-Dade County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Florida Justice Association. He has also chaired the Attorneys’ Division of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and the Anti‑Defamation League’s Washington Affairs Committee.
In recognition of all his significant contributions to the legal community, Mr. Lehr has been conferred with an AV Preeminent* rating by Martindale‑Hubbell and a “Superb” rating by Avvo. He has been listed as one of the Legal Elites in criminal law and Florida’s Top Lawyers by the Florida Trend Magazine.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 50% Criminal defense
- 50% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 1981, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.lehrlevimendez.com/bruce-h-lehr
- Florida Governor's Task Force in Alcohol and Highway Safety, Member
- Chairman of the Anti‑Defamation League Washington Affairs Committee in 1993
- Chairman of the Attorney's Division at the Greater Miami Jewish Federation from 1991 until 1993
- Super Lawyers, 2012
- Florida Trend's "Florida Legal Elite", 2009 and 2010
- 2005 to present, AV Rated Attorney, Martindale Hubbell
- 2009 and 2010, Named as Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine
- Appointed by the Chief Judge of the District Court for the Southern District of Florida and served continuously since 2009., Member of Ad-Hoc Committee on Attorney Admission and Discipline for the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2012
- 2010 to present, Rated as "SUPERB" Lawyer with 10/10 Rating, AVVO
- B.A., University of Miami, Editor in Chief, University of Miami Newspaper: "The Hurricane,"1976
- Member, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Member, Associations of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- New York
- Participated in the Re-enactment of the 1933 trial of Giuseppe Zangara, the man tried and electrocuted for murder in an assassination attempt against President FDR, and the actual murder of the then Mayor of Chicago. Re-enactment staged by the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court Historical Society. I was able to keep him out of the electric chair 70 years later, 2009
- Served on Panel, "Starting Your Own Law Practice" at Dade County Bar Association Bench and Bar Conference 2012
- Served on Panel on "Prosecutorial Misconduct" at Dade County Bar Association Bench and Bar Conference 2012
- Participated in the Re-enactment of the 1930's trial of Al Capone, in his trial for perjury. Re-enactment staged by the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court Historical Society. I was able to achieve an acquittal in front of a jury of reporters and court officials, 2011
Office location for Bruce H. Lehr
1401 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023