David B. Rothman
Top rated Professional Liability attorney in Miami, FloridaRothman & Associates, P.A.
Attorney David B. Rothman, founder of the Florida law firm Rothman & Associates, P.A., has dedicated his practice to state and federal criminal defense and professional ethics, including representation of lawyers and judges who have been grieved and applicants to The Florida Bar, and providing ethics opinions and expert testimony on legal issues. Admitted to practice in 1977, Mr. Rothman is board-certified as a criminal trial lawyer by The Florida Bar and board-certified as a criminal trial advocacy specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Rothman has for years been named in Best Lawyers in America. He has been listed in Florida Super Lawyers every year since 2006. He is rated a preeminent lawyer, with the highest possible rating by Martindale Hubbell for decades. Finally, Mr. Rothman has been recognized by the Florida Association of Criminal Defense with its highest award, The Florida Bar Foundation with its Medal of Honor and the Dade County Bar (now Miami Dade County Bar) with two of its highest awards.
Practice areasProfessional Liability: Defense, Criminal Defense, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- 70% Professional Liability: Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 1977, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.tandrlaw.com/Attorneys/David-B-Rothman.html
- Board Chair, Innocence Project of Florida
- President Dade County Bar Association
- Chair, Executive Council, Criminal Law Section, The Florida Bar , 2016
- Chair, Disciplinary Review Committee, 2006-2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1986
- Board of Governors, The Florida Bar, 1999 - 2011
- President, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2000 - 2001
- Executive Committee, 2006-2011
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1980
- U.S. Federal Court, 1980
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- U.S. Court Of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 1984
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009, 2010, 2011,2012 & 2013
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2006-2013
- Lecturer, Criminal Law, The Florida Bar Bridge the Gap Seminars, 1989 - 1995
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Advocacy Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, B.A., 1974
Office location for David B. Rothman
200 S. Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33131