Gary Andrew Costales
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Miami, FloridaLaw Offices of Gary A. Costales, P.A.
A reputed labor and employment law attorney, Gary Andrew Costales is the owner and principal at the Law Offices of Gary A. Costales, P.A., in Miami, Florida. He has over three decades of legal experience and handles a wide range of matters pertaining to sexual harassment, wage and hour disputes, whistleblower retaliation, wrongful termination, qui tam actions, employment contracts and employment discrimination.
Board-certified as a specialist in labor and employment law by The Florida Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Costales has won several jury trials on behalf of plaintiffs as well as employers. Advocating for both sides has helped him sharpen his skills and avoid tunnel vision. His experience and relationships have led him to efficiently handle other areas of the law, including bid protests and procurement matters.
With a desire to handle civil rights cases, Mr. Costales joined the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in Memphis, Tennessee. First, he was an Administrative Judge, then an EEOC Trial Attorney. He traveled all over the U.S. for cases. After that, he went back to Miami and worked for a management law firm and later opened his own practice 20 years ago.
A 1998 Bachelor of Science graduate of the Florida International University, Mr. Costales attended the Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, and secured his Juris Doctor in 1991. The following year, he was admitted to practice in Florida.
Mr. Costales has received numerous honors and awards for his success both inside and outside the courtroom. He has been rated Distinguished* through Martindale-Hubbell and recognized among The Best Lawyers in America. His clients praise him for his extensive knowledge, unwavering support and dependable nature.
Mr. Costales is a member of the American Bar Association. He serves clients in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ falls into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Business Litigation, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Labor Law, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 80% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://costaleslaw.com/attorney/
- Camacho v Vertical Reality, 210 Fed Appx. 985 (11th Circuit 2006)
- Cusumano v Maquipan, 390 F Supp 2d (Middle District of Florida 2005)
- Perceived Disability, Florida Bar, 1996
- Adjunct Professor, Barry University, 1999
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2007
- American Bar Association
- South Florida Historical Association
- Florida International University, B.S., Major: Political Science and Communications, 1988
- Moot Court Board and Trial Advocacy Board, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 1991
- Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law, Florida Bar, 2010
- City of South Miami, Board Member of Historical Preservation Board, 2011
Office location for Gary Andrew Costales
1533 Sunset Drive
Miami, FL 33143
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Labor & Employment Law