Attorney Harold L. Lewis is a co-founder and co-managing partner of Pathman Lewis, LLP – Attorneys at Law in Miami, Florida. Mr. Lewis devotes his practice to banking, real estate and business matters, representing clients throughout Miami.
Mr. Lewis leads the firm’s finance and real estate departments and has more than three decades of experience. Over the course of his career, he has handled complex matters in his chosen areas of law involving condominium development, leasing, lending, loan modifications, property acquisition and development, as well as business and corporate law.
In honor of his accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Lewis an AV Preeminent* rating, the highest available rating by the organizations. The South Florida Legal Guide and “The Best Lawyers in America” have listed him in its publications during multiple years and Florida Trend magazine previously named him one of Florida’s “legal elite.”
Outside of his practice, Mr. Lewis authors articles for various publications and lectures throughout the south Florida legal community. He is a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the International Council of Shopping Centers, the Miami Finance Forum and the Risk Management Association.
Mr. Lewis graduated magna cum laude from Duke University with a bachelor’s degree. He earned his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law, graduating cum laude. He received his license to practice law in 1984, which made him eligible to practice before all Florida state courts. He is also qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBanking, Real estate: business, Business/corporate
- 50% Banking
- 30% Real estate: business
- 20% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 1984, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.haber.law/harold-l-lewis/
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts, graduated magna cum laude, 1981
- Member, CREW Miami Chapter (past member of Board of Directors)
- Member, Risk Management Association
- Member, Miami Finance Forum
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Florida Bar
- Board of Directors, Commercial and Industrial Association of South Florida (past President)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Realtors Association of Greater Miami and the Beaches Educator of the Year 2006
- Previously recognized in Florida Trends Legal Elite as one of Florida’s top real estate lawyers Finalist, Key Partners in Business Law, South Florida Business Journal
- Daily Business Review, Deal Makers, October 2007, November 2014, October 2017
- AV rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, 2011-2017
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyers,” 2007-2018
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2018
- “Cryptocurrency Move Into Commercial Real Estate in South Florida Expected – But There Are Impediments,” Daily Business Review
- Guest Lecturer, International Council of Shopping Centers University in New York
- “Green Building a Priority to Keep Treasure Coast a Treasure,” Treasure Coast Business Journal
- “Relocation Boom or Housing Crisis,” South Florida CEO Magazine
- “Avoid Surprises, Be a Stickler about Performing Due Diligence,” Daily Business Review
Office location for Harold L. Lewis
251 Northwest 23rd Street
Miami, FL 33127
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023