James L. Ferraro
Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Miami, FloridaThe Ferraro Law Firm, P.A.
Practice Areas: Class action & mass torts, Personal injury, Products liability
Licensed in Florida since: 1983
Education: University of Miami School of Law
Our office remains open, and in response to COVID-19 we have expanded our options for remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please contact our office to discuss what meeting option best fits your situation. Call 866-724-1811.
James L. Ferraro has practiced law since 1983, and is the founder of The Ferraro Law Firm, which serves the Miami and Tampa areas of Florida. In 1997, he was national finalist for Trial lawyer of the Year after a landmark victory in a birth defect case against a major chemical company. His practice includes cases involving consumer protection, products liability, medical malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death and family law.
For more than two decades, Mr. Ferraro has focused on asbestos and mass tort litigation and has achieved multimillion-dollar verdicts for his clients; consequently, he was invited to become a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He recovered the largest compensatory award for a mesothelioma case in Florida as well as the largest award nationally for a non-malignant asbestos case in 1997. He has also negotiated settlements in amounts totaling $1 billion.
Mr. Ferraro earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law and his master's degree in accounting from the University of Miami as well. He is admitted to practice in Florida, Ohio, New York and Massachusetts, and he devotes 90 percent of his practice to litigation. He is also licensed to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st, 3rd and 4th Circuits.
Mr. Ferraro is a member of the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Sports Lawyers Association. He serves on the board of directors for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida and the Children's Home Society of Florida Foundation.
His firm additionally has offices in Washington, D.C., and New York City, and Mr. Ferraro is also the co-founder of Kelly & Ferraro LLP in Cleveland, Ohio. He is a certified public accountant, and his Washington, D.C., offices handle cases involving tax whistleblower cases and corporate tax fraud.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 80% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1983, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.ferrarolaw.com/attorney-profiles/james-l-ferraro...
- Haute Living, "The Peoples Champ"
- Trustee, William J. Clinton Presidential Foundation
- Member, National Leadership Committee, National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame
- Director, Board of Jackson Memorial Foundation
- The Buoniconti Fund – Paralysis Fund Raiser Event
- Member, Honorary Board, Children's Home Society of Florida Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Board and Advisory Council of United Way of Miami-Dade
- Trial Lawyers Doing Public Justice
- Member, Board of Directors, Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis, Inc.
- Member, Bowman Foster Ashe Society at the University of Miami
- Mercury Autism Connection - Have the Vaccine Manufacturers Poisoned Our Children?
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2002
- Board of Directors, The Children's Home Society of Florida Foundation
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1994
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Ohio, 2003
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts, 1985
- Member, The National Italian-American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2006
- Board of Directors, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- Member, American Bar Association
- Florida, 1983
- Member, American Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2007
- Member, The Sports Lawyers Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Tax Court, 1994
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York, 2002
- Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1984
- Member, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Order of Saint John Knights of Malta, 1999
- Fellows, American Bar Foundation
- Fighting for Public Justice - Trial Lawyers of The Year Award Finalist and Winners
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor, 2001
- Trail Lawyer of The Year Finalist, 1997
- Member, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- University of Miami Momentum, "The James L. Ferraro Endowed Scholarship", 2008
- Accounting, University of Miami, 1992
- Florida Magazine, Article, "Jim Ferraro Working for the Public Good"
- Daily Business Review, Article, "Confidential Settlement Reached Over Doctor's Death by Cancer"
- Miami Herald, Article, "DuPont Retold to Pay a Family- $4 Million Award Against DuPont Reinstated"
- Castillo v. E.I. Du Pont De Memours & Co., Inc., 854 So.2d 1264, Fla., 2003
- Pine Island Farms, Inc. v. Donner, 674 So.2d 138, Fla. 3d DCA, 1996
- McKenna vs. Owens-Corning Fiberglas, 726 So.2d 361, Fla. 3d DCA, 1999
- Castillo v. DuPont - The Role of the Jury in Post-Frye/Daubert Litigation
- Galotti v. Owens-Corning Fiberglas, 679 So.2d 291, Fla. 3rd DCA, 1996
- Castillo v. DuPont, "Blind Justice"
- Certified Public Accountant, 1980
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, M.S. in Accounting, 1979
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, B.B.A., 1978
Office location for James L. Ferraro
Brickell World Plaza
600 Brickell Avenue, Suite 3800
Miami, FL 33131
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2008, 2010, 2014 - 2022