Joanna N. Pino
Top rated civil litigation attorney in Miami, FloridaSioli Alexander Pino
A shareholder at Miami, Florida-based Sioli Alexander Pino, Joanna N. Pino provides defense litigation representation and counsel to companies throughout the state. She focuses her practice in large part on maritime and admiralty matters, and in that regard, she has extensive experience with the Jones Act, the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act, the Limitation of Liability Act, ship and cargo seizures, and other related issues. She also counsels her maritime clients on loss prevention and risk management. Other types of litigation that Ms. Pino has been involved with include construction disputes, contract breaches and bad faith insurance coverage claims. Ms. Pino has been able to obtain many favorable bench and jury verdicts for her clients.
Fluent in English and Spanish, Ms. Pino attended the Warrington College of Business at the University of Florida as an undergraduate, where she majored in business administration and earned a Bachelor of Science cum laude in 2006. She then pursued her legal studies at St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami Gardens, completing the program in two years and receiving her Juris Doctor in 2008. While in law school, Ms. Pino was the articles editor of the St. Thomas Law Review. After graduation, she was an attorney at area firms before joining Sioli Alexander Pino in 2014.
Ms. Pino is admitted to practice in Florida, Texas and the District of Columbia. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. She is active in several professional organizations, including The Florida Bar Admiralty Law Committee and the Cuban American Bar Association. Ms. Pino is also a member of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce.
Practice areasCivil litigation: defense, General litigation, Insurance coverage, Transportation/maritime
Litigation, Admiralty & maritime law
- 30% Civil litigation: defense
- 30% General litigation
- 30% Insurance coverage
- 10% Transportation/maritime
First Admitted: 2009, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.siolialexanderpino.com/joannapino
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Florida Rising Star, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Dean's Merit Scholarship recipient
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Book Awards for the top grades in Legal Research and Writing, Advanced Legal Research and Writing, and Contracts
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Articles Editor, St. Thomas Law Review
- Board of Directors, Academic Charter Schools Member
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2010
- Florida Bar Admiralty Law Committee
- State Bar of Texas, 2017
- The District of Columbia Bar, 2017
- The Florida Bar, 2009
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, cum laude, 2006
Office location for Joanna N. Pino
9155 S. Dadeland Blvd.
Miami, FL 33156
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2023