Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Miami, FL
Kendall Coffey is a partner at Coffey Burlington, PL, concentrating on complex litigation at trial and appellate levels, in federal and state courts. He is a former U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida (1993-1996); and most recently was appointed for the fourth time by the U.S. Senators from Florida to serve as Chair, Southern District Conference, Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission (April 2009 – present).
A frequent teacher and guest lecturer, he has served as a legal analyst providing commentary for international and national television networks: CNN International, Telemundo, Univision, Canadian Broadcasting Company; national networks: CNBC, CNN, CNN Headline News, FOX, MSNBC and NBC; and local television: ABC-10, CBS-4, América TeVe, Telemundo-51, Univision-23 TeleMiami. Kendall Coffey has also written several books as well as three dozen articles on legal topics in publications ranging from the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and CNN, to the Yale Law and Policy Review. As a teacher, Kendall Coffey is adjunct faculty member for University of Miami School of Law, Florida Constitutional Law (2008 – present), Florida International University (Administrative Law 2011 - present), and Trial Advocacy Program (1991 – 1993); and a Lecturer in trial skills and substantive law for the American Bar Association, The Florida Bar, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Dade County Bar Association, University of Miami School of Law, Professional Education Systems, Inc., National Business Institute, Inc. and CLE International, Inc. He is annually recognized as one of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Florida “Super Lawyer,” and South Florida Legal Guide’s “Top Lawyers”, and was recognized by the National Law Journal as one of its Lawyers of the Year for 2000, as Member of Gore Legal Team. He is a former President of the Dade County Bar Association and has served on committees for the Florida Bar as well as the American Bar Association.
His recent appearances as a panelist include the American Bar Association Section of Litigation in 2015, and the St. Petersburg Legal Forum in 2014 and 2015, and Sochi Legal Conference in 2014 and 2015.
- Top 100: 2016 Miami Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Miami Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Florida Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Miami Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Miami Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Florida Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Miami Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Florida Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Miami Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2006 Florida Super Lawyers
About Kendall Coffey
First Admitted: 1978, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.coffeyburlington.com/attorneys/kendall-coffey/
- Foreclosures in Florida, LexisNexis (2008)
- Spinning the Law: Trying Court Cases in the Court of Public Opinion, Prometheus Books (2010) spinningthelaw.com
- - Contributing Author: Conozca A Los Estados Unidos, – Chapters on Legal System, Role of Prosecutors and Public Corruption (2009) - Contributing Author: Real Property III (Chapter on Construction Loan Agreements) The Florida Bar - Contributing Author: The Troubled Construction Loan (Chapter on Contractors), Wiley & Sons (1991)
- Dade County Bar Association - President (1990-1991); Officer (1985-1990); President, Young Lawyers Section (1984-1985)
- American Bar Association - Co-Chair, Task Force on Expert Witness Code of Ethics (2010-2011); Member, Special Committee on Haiti (2010-2011); Immigration Coordinating Committee (2001-2002); Co-Chair, Immigration Law Committee, Section of Litigation (2001-2002); Advisory Committee to the Standing Committee on Elections Law (2010-2011); Special Committee on the Delivery of Legal Services (1991-1993); Chair, Kid’s Voting (Florida), Inc. (1991-1992)
- The Florida Bar - Legislation Committee (1991-1992); Rules of Civil Procedure Committee (1985-1987); Florida Bar Foundation, Director (1995-1996); Legal Assistance to the Poor Committee (1991-1996)
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide
- Annually recognized as one of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Florida “Super Lawyer,” and South Florida Legal Guide’s “Top Lawyers”, recognized by the National Law Journal as one of its Lawyers of the Year for 2000, as Member of Gore Legal Team.
- Lawyer of the Year, National Law Journal , 2000
Other Outstanding Achievements
- PLEASE SEE RESUME
Pro bono/Community Service
- PLEASE SEE RESUME
Last Updated: 9/8/2022