Nelson C. Keshen
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Miami, FloridaNelson C. Keshen, P.A.
With over five decades of experience, principal attorney and founder of Nelson C. Keshen, P.A., Nelson C. Keshen represents clients in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, Florida in legal issues involving real estate, business law, guardianships, estate planning, and probate and trust planning and administration.
Mr. Keshen graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts degree and obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Boston University School of Law. After practicing in Boston, Massachusetts for two years, he graduated from New York University School of Law with a Master of Laws in taxation. Working to pass along his legacy and the valuable insight, he mentored graduate students in the Master of Laws Estate Tax Program at the University of Miami School of Law.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey, Massachusetts and Florida, Mr. Keshen is also admitted to practice before the United States Federal Court. He is a member of the following organizations: the Massachusetts Bar Association; the Florida Bar Association; and the New Jersey Bar Association. He has also served several terms as a member of the Florida Bar Probate Rules Committee and as a member of the executive council of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
Throughout his career, many have benefited from his ability to consider tax implications applicable to estates. navigate probate, and to plan for and administer estates and trusts. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been written about in Forbes Magazine.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Business/corporate, Real estate: business
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1968, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.probatemiami.com/about
- Zeta Beta Tau
- B.A., Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1964
- LLM Taxation, New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 1971
- New Jersey, 1971
- The Florida Bar, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Massachusetts, 1968
- The Florida Bar, Member, Probate Rules Committee
- New Jersey State, Member
- Florida, 1972
- U.S. Federal Court, 1968
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
Office location for Nelson C. Keshen
9155 S. Dadeland Boulevard
Miami, FL 33156
- Super Lawyers: 2012, 2014 - 2023