Top rated family law attorney in Miami, FloridaMandel Law Group, P.A.
Fluent in Spanish as well as in English, Roberta Mandel is the founder of Mandel Law Group, P.A. Her firm is located in Miami, Florida, and she represents clients throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties and other parts of the state. Ms. Mandel has been admitted to practice in Florida since 1984. She is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd and 11th Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Ms. Mandel devotes a portion of her practice to family law matters, and most of her clients in that regard are people whose marriages have come to an end. She guides them through the applicable divorce issues of child custody and visitation, the division of marital assets and debts, and child and spousal support. When negotiations have come to a standstill and mediation sessions have not been able to produce a resolution to these matters, Ms. Mandel forcefully advocates on their behalf in family court.
Ms. Mandel has a deserved reputation as one of one of her state’s leading appellate attorneys as well, handling well over 1,000 appeals and participating in several hundred reported decisions. She has achieved significant success in having lower state and federal court decisions overturned, and the cases that she has worked on have included insurance coverage, defective products, land use, environmental law, contract disputes and foreclosures.
Held in high regard by her colleagues, Ms. Mandel has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer-review rating through Avvo. She is a 1984 graduate of the University of Miami School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, Appellate, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Criminal defense
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Appeals, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
- 70% Family law
- 10% Appellate
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1984, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.mandellawgroup.com/attorneys/
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 1996-2021, AV-Preeminent-Rated by Martindale Hubbell, Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyer
- Legal Leader by the Miami Herald
- Hofstra University, B.A., 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Ms. Mandel has been involved in Florida Bar activities since she became an attorney. She previously was appointed and served on the Florida Bar Rules of Criminal Procedure Committee. She also served as its Secretary. Ms. Mandel is presently an appointed member of the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure Committee where she has served for over six years. Ms. Mandel served as a co-editor of The Record, the journal of the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar. She also was a co-editor of the Pro-Se Handbook that was published by the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar. Ms. Mandel has continuously served on the Executive Council of the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar for over eight years
- Ms. Mandel was instrumental in instituting the "Put Something Back" program of the Dade County Bar Association in the Criminal Division of the Miami Attorney General's Office. As a result of her efforts, Ms. Mandel received a Pro Bono Award from the Dade County Bar Association., 1996
Office location for Roberta Mandel
8925 S.W. 148th Street
Miami, FL 33176
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022