Russell A. Spatz
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Miami, FloridaSpatz Law Firm, PL
As the founder of The Spatz Law Firm PL, Russell A. Spatz is dedicated to serving clients throughout South Florida including Miami-Dade , BROWARD, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties. He focuses his practice on family law and criminal defense, handling cases involving major Felonies, Domestic Violence. sex offender charges, Misdemeanors and federal criminal matters. An active member of the legal community, Mr. Spatz previously served as the Vice Chairman for the Dade County Bar Association. Family Law Committee. He also formerly served as an Adjunct Professor of Criminal law at St. Thomas University School Law.
Mr. Spatz earned his Bachelor of Science in mathematics from the University of Miami in 1972, receiving departmental honors. He then went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 1975. During law school, Mr. Spatz was a recipient of The National Science Foundation fellowship.
With more than 35 years of experience, Mr. Spatz is committed to championing his clients' rights. Prior to starting The Spatz Law Firm PL, he gained valuable experience working as the division chief and assistant state attorney for Miami-Dade County. Since entering private practice, Mr. Spatz has devoted himself to providing people who are facing family law or criminal defense issues with quality representation and peace of mind. He has a high rate of success in obtaining positive verdicts and achieving successful resolutions for his clients. Mr. Spatz is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the Florida Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Spatz has attended and participated in multiple legal seminars.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Family Law, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Alimony & Spousal Support, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Child Support, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, Custody & Visitation, DUI/DWI, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Theft, White Collar Crime
- 40% Criminal Defense
- 40% Family Law
- 10% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 1975, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.spatzlawfirm.com/
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, B.S., Departmental Honors in Mathematics, 1972
- Recipient, National Science Foundation Fellowship, University of Miami School of Law, 1975
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- The International Legal Fraternity of Phi Delta Phi, Historian of Bryan Inn Chapter, 1974
- National Science Foundation, National Science Foundation Fellowship, 1972
- Named to Florida Super Lawyers, 2007
- Florida, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1989
- Dade County Bar Association, Family law Committee (Former Vice-Chairman)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1983
- Deposition Skills, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 1994
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediation Training Program, Florida International University, 2001
Office location for Russell A. Spatz
14707 S Dixie Hwy
Miami, FL 33176
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2011