William A. Dean
Top rated personal injury attorney in North Miami Beach, FloridaFord, Dean & Rotundo, P.A.
The managing partner of the law firm Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A., in North Miami Beach, Florida, William A. Dean is a seasoned attorney of 25 years representing victims of abuse and neglect in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Nationally renowned in this area of law, he helps patients who have been wronged and their families seek justice and monetary compensation for the ill treatment they received.
Board certified in civil trial advocacy by The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Dean has obtained over $100 million in verdicts and settlements. He deeply cares about his clients, which is why he works hard to pursue every opportunity to see to it that they get the compensation they need to start fresh and move on from the past.
Mr. Dean graduated from Union College in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history. He then attended New York Law School and received his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, in 1997. During his time in law school, he was inducted into the Order of the Bannisters and won Best Oralist and Best Petitioner’s Brief. He was also a finalist at the John J. Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Dean is licensed to practice in Florida, New York, Georgia and Massachusetts and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, as well as before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Dean was an attorney at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office, where he founded the Special Operations – Special Narcotics Unit, investigated violent felony crimes of organized drug traffickers and oversaw the prosecution as well. With his firsthand insight into the Florida judicial system, he can help navigate through the tough legal hurdles the state has in place.
Mr. Dean has received many honors for his achievements during the span of his career, including:
- Being AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell
- Holding a rating of “Excellent” on Avvo
- Earning recognition on the Florida Trend Magazine Legal Elite list on numerous occasions
- Receiving the South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyer honor for nine consecutive years
- Earning membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Earning inclusion on the 2014 Verdicts Hall of Fame list by the Daily Business Review
He is professionally affiliated with various prestigious legal organizations, including the Florida Justice Association, the American Association for Justice, the Miami-Dade County League of Prosecutors, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Southern Trial Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Health care, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Nursing home, Medical malpractice
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Health care
- 30% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forddean.com/attorneys/william-a-dean/
- Ethical Pitfalls For Plaintiff's Attorneys. Presented at Lorman Education Services Seminar on Legal Ethics in Florida, Miami, Florida, 2007.
- Evidence Workshop. Presented at PESI Evidence Seminar, Davie, Florida, 2007.
- Punitive Damages - How to Go Up the Corporate Ladder. Presented at CLE Long-Term Care Litigation Conference, Tampa, FL 2006.
- Plaintiff's Openings and Closings. Presented at PESI Nursing Home Negligence Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2006.
- Punitive Damages - The Chances Of Success And Best Strategies. Presented at PESI Nursing Home Negligence Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2006.
- Removal To Federal Court - Advantages And Disadvantages For The Plaintiff And Defendant. Presented at PESI Nursing Home Negligence Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2006.
- Exchange Of Views And Experiences In Prosecuting The Corporate Chain. Presented at PESI Nursing Home Negligence Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2006.
- Which Plaintiffs' Cases To Take - Determining A Good Case From A Bad Case And The Factors That Make The Difference. Presented at PESI Nursing Home Negligence Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2006.
- Ethical Pitfalls For Plaintiff's Attorneys. Presented at Lorman Education Services Seminar on Legal Ethics in Florida, Miami, Florida, 2006.
- A Plaintiff's Perspective on Day Care Litigation. Presented at ACM, LLC Day Care Litigation Seminar, Aventura, FL, 2009.
- Wound Care Litigtaion. Presented at AALNC Wound Care Litigation Seminar, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 2010.
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Winner of Best Oralist, Best Petitioner's Brief, and Finalist, 1997 John J. Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- Acknowledge as a “Top Lawyer” in the South Florida Legal Guide from 2013 to present.
- Admitted into the Daily Business Review 2014 Florida Verdicts Hall fo Fame.
- 1997 recipient of New York Law School National Team Moot Court Award
- Member, New York Law School Moot Court Association
- Acknowledged as one of Florida’s “Legal Elite” in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 by Florida Trend Magazine.
- 1997 recipient of The Order of Barristers
- AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell
- 2011 Inducted Member into the Union College Athletics Hall of Fame as the starting Offensive Guard on the 1989 Undefeated Football Team of Distinction.
- Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Florida Bar Association and The National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Mr. Dean obtained his first eight-figure jury verdict by the age of 32 totaling more than $17 million dollars and has successfully obtained over $100 million dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients.
- Union College, Schenectady, NY, B.A.,History, awarded June 1992
- Member of the City of North Miami Beach Charter Review Committee. Term of Office: May, 2008 to October, 2008 and October 2015 to April 2016.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Member, The Florida Justice Association
- State of Florida
- State of Georgia
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, The Miami-Dade County League of Prosecutors
- State of New York
- Member of the Union College President's Council; 2012 to present
- Chairman of the Florida Bar 11th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee 11 "N". Term of Office: 12/31/06 to 12/31/09 and February 2013 to February 2016.
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States Supreme Court
- William A. Dean, Esquire, Managing Parnter/Owner of Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A., William Dean Bio, Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect, 2022
- William A. Dean discussing negligence cases related to falls and/or unexplained injuries suffered at a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility., William Dean - Falls/Unexplained Injury Cases, Nursing Home And/or Assisted Living Facility Abuse & Neglect, 2022
Office location for William A. Dean
3323 NE 163rd Street
North Miami Beach, FL 33160
Find me online
- Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. settled an Assisted Living Facility heel bedsore case today! #ALF #Elderabuse #elderlylivesmatter #AssistedLiving
- Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. settled an Assisted Living Facility fall resulting in a broken neck case today! #ALF #Elderlaw #fall #brokenneck
- Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. settled a Nursing Home fall case today! #nursinghome #elderlaw #elderabuse #fall #settlement #lawsuit