Alan J. Landerman
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Orlando, FL
Attorney Alan J. Landerman is a partner with Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter law firm in Orlando, Florida. Nationally recognized as among the top trial attorneys in the country, Mr. Landerman has more than 36 years of total legal experience, and he provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout Central Florida as well as in Tampa, Miami and all across the state who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his legal career focusing on personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Landerman has achieved considerable success helping those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, unsafe property conditions, defective products and other preventable tragedies. A highly effective advocate for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom, he has secured substantial settlements and verdicts for those he has served, and he has earned a listing in TopVerdict.com's Top 10 US Verdicts for Medical Malpractice.
Moreover, Mr. Landerman has received consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers for his impeccable professionalism, high ethical standards and unwavering commitment to his clients. He holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from individuals he has helped during some of the most difficult and uncertain times in their lives.
A 1981 honors graduate of Union College & University in Schenectady, New York, Mr. Landerman attended the University of Miami School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1984. The Florida Bar admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. He has also gained special approval to litigate cases in several states across the U.S.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Landerman has served on The Florida Bar's Civil Procedures Rules Committee, and he is a member of The Florida Bar and other local, state and national legal organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
In 2021, Mr. Landerman was designated as a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Police Misconduct, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Alan J. Landerman
First Admitted: 1984, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.thefloridafirm.com/attorneys/alan-j-landerman.ht...
- AV Preeminent rating
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Justice Association, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- Orange County Bar Association, 2019
- American Association for Justice (Professional Negligence Section, Products Liability Section and Civil Rights Section), 2019
- The Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee, 2019
- The Florida Bar, 1984
- Union College & University, Schenectady, NY, Bachelor’s degree in political science and economics, with honors, 1981
- University of Miami Law School JD, 1984
- Verdict of 2.5 million dollars, medical malpractice, O'Reilley v. Singh (Pinellas County, FL), 2017
- Verdict of 1.7 million dollars, medical malpractice, Becker v. Pal (Orange County, FL), 2014
- July is the peak month for grill fires! So next time you opt for a nice grill session, make sure your grill is up-t… https://t.co/4BvHP6bzgf
- Due to the number of parties that may be involved, it's difficult to resolve a truck accident case without the help… https://t.co/uSZon5zqqg
- Having auto insurance is necessary to protect yourself in the case of an accident. However, you can't always be pre… https://t.co/X6Ih47NIAD
- Florida law requires you to file a nursing home abuse or neglect claim within two years. In addition to nursing hom… https://t.co/mlvwSEv7mD
- Attorney Joshua Machlus recently settled a policy limits case for a client involved in a #boatingaccident. The acci… https://t.co/QCFH91bVuq
Last Updated: 5/15/2022