Charles M. Greene
Top rated white collar crimes attorney in Orlando, FloridaCharles M. Greene, P.A.
Charles M. Greene, the founder of Charles M. Greene, P.A., in Orlando, Florida, assists clients across the states of Georgia, New York, and Florida, with a focus on Central Florida, Orange County, Seminole County, Osceola County, Lake County and Volusia County. He is a criminal defense attorney whose practice areas include:
- White collar crimes
- Federal crimes
- Commercial and civil litigation
- Appellate litigation
- Business litigation
Mr. Greene represents a diverse range of clients in cases involving security law violations, fraud and tax-related matters. He also assists individuals facing drug charges in federal and state courts, and misdemeanor and felony charges in Florida circuit and county courts. Over the course of his legal career, he has helped many clients facing criminal charges get favorable verdicts and has recovered millions of dollars in settlements for various commercial issues, such as shareholder disputes, conversion, breach of contract, civil theft and unfair trade practices.
Graduating summa cum laude with a B.A. from the University at Albany - State University of New York, Mr. Greene went on to pursue his legal studies at Albany Law School of Union University, where he was chosen to be a part of the Justinian Honor Society. Earning his law degree in 1989, he was licensed to practice in New York the same year. Later, he gained admission to practice in Florida, Georgia, the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Illinois.
After law school, he became a U.S. trial attorney, as part of the Attorney General’s Honors Program. His diligent efforts in winning jury trials across seven different states earned him the Outstanding Trial Attorney Award by the United States Department of Justice.
Board certified by The Florida Bar as a civil trial specialist, Mr. Greene has been honored by the legal community on several occasions. He has been peer review-rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and included in the list of Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. He also holds a “Superb” rating on Avvo, along with plenty of five-star reviews from clients. Moreover, he has been featured in numerous media, including national and local television.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Greene offers pro bono services to disadvantaged members of his community, for which he has been recognized by the Orange County Bar Association. Furthermore, as a member of The Florida Bar’s Grievance Committee, he has received the meritorious public service award.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense: white collar, Business litigation, Criminal defense, Appellate
White collar crime, Non-compete agreements, Criminal fraud, Criminal domestic violence, Appeals
- 30% Criminal defense: white collar
- 40% Business litigation
- 20% Criminal defense
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1989, New York
Professional Webpage: http://cmgpa.com/attorneys/charles-m-greene-p-a/
- Civil Trial Expert by the Florida Bar
- New York Bar
- United States District Courts for the Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Middle Districts of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Georgia Bar
- Florida Bar
- Chairman, Florida Bar Grievance Committee in Orlando
- United States District Courts for the Middle District of Illinois
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of Florida
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., summa cum laude, 1984
- Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Greene was hired under the Attorney General’s Honors Program and joined the United States Department of Justice, where he received an appointment as a United States Trial Attorney. As a U.S. Trial Attorney, Mr. Greene was responsible for a large docket of cases that stretched across the Northeast and Midwest. Mr. Greene tried and won numerous cases before juries in seven states. In 1991, he received the Justice Department’s Outstanding Trial Attorney Award., Outstanding Trial Attorney Award, Justice Department, 1991
- Voted as One of Orlando's Top Lawyers
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martingale Hubbell
- This article describes a case in which Mr. Greene defended a religious organization against various claims of misconduct. Mr. Greene persuaded the court to dismiss the case by arguing that it fell within the ambit of the "ecclesiastical doctrine” and the religious freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution., Charles M. Greene, Author, The Election is Over, Published by Attorney-at-Law Magazine, 2012
- This article is a supplement to Harold Dubroff's History of the United States Tax Court and summarizes statutory changes and Tax Court Rules changes that affect practice before the Tax Court., Author, Recent Developments in Business and Procedures of the United States Tax Court, Albany Law Review, 1989
- This article describes the trial of a case involving a boundary dispute and a battle between expert witness surveyors in which Charles Greene represented the prevailing party., Author, Follow My Footsteps, Attorney At Law Magazine, 2013
Office location for Charles M. Greene
55 East Pine Street
Orlando, FL 32801
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2014, 2017 - 2023
Certificates and credentials