David I. Rickey
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Orlando, FloridaMorgan & Morgan
A former Staff Sergeant during the First Gulf War with the 351st Military Police, David I. Rickey is now an attorney with Morgan & Morgan. He represents clients in Florida, handling cases for those who have been sexually harassed and those who have been injured on the job and need help filing a workers’ compensation claim. For over two decades, he has committed himself to fighting for the rights of workers.
Mr. Rickey is a member of The Florida Bar’s Employment Law Section and Workers’ Compensation Section. Also a member of the Florida Workers’ Advocates, he has a long list of record decisions to highlight his success in advocating for the injured workers.
In 1986, Mr. Rickey graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts. He then joined the United States Army Reserve and continued his education at the University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law where he earned his Juris Doctor in 1989. Along with a successful career of advocating for the rights of others, he has also been an adjunct professor at the University of Central Florida. He taught legal research and writing and contracts to those studying to be attorneys.
The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization certified Mr. Rickey in workers’ compensation, a distinction that is only given to a few attorneys in the area. For years he has been recognized by his peers for his professional achievement in his career. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Employment Law - Employer
- 60% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 40% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1990, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/david-i-rickey/
- Martinez v. Association of Poincian, 642 So.2d 118 (Fla. 1st DCA), 1994 Wagner v. Scotty’s Inc. 675 So.2d 694, (Fla. 1st DCA) 1996 Kennedy v. Orlando Shader Realty, 711 So.2d 156, (Fla. 1st DCA) 1998 Titone v. Cardiac Control System, Inc., 717 So.2d 183, (Fla. 1st DCA) 1998 Scott v. Mohawk Canoes, 730 So.2d 731, (Fla. 1st DCA) 1999 H.Q. Bass Excavating v. Bittner, 728 So.2d 1194, (Fla. 1st DCA) 1999 Specialty Employee Leasing v. David, 737 So.2d 1170, (Fla. 1st DCA) 1999 Handy-0Man/Knep, Inc. v. Weinstein, 802 So.2d 1186, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2002 Gallagher v. Walgreen’s Distribution Center, 808 So.2d 287, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2002 Workman v. Joe Brown Aluminum, 816 So.2d 1182, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2002 Lombardi v. Southern Wine & Spirits, 890 So.2d 1128, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2004 Blue Stone Real Estate v. Ward, 962 So.2d 945, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2007 Costlow v. Hydro Aluminum, 22 So.3d 71, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2009 Oldcastle Lawn and Garden v. Brown, 23 So.3d 1186, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2009 Seigler v. RMC Americas of Florida, LLC, 57 So.3d 913, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2011 Dwyer Industries, Inc. v. Burgos, 70 So.3d 590, (Fla. 1st DCA) 2011
- Florida Workers Advocates
- The Florida Bar, Workers’ Compensation Section
- The Florida Bar, Employment Law Section
- University of Central Florida, B.A., 1986
- I represent the working men and women of Florida.
- For outstanding service to the student body, Presidents Award, John Marshall Bar Association, 1988
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyer Magazine in 2010 through 2013
- Trial Team Coach University of Central Florida, 1997
- Member of the Workers Compensation Law Certification Committee of the Florida Bar, 2002
- Supreme Court Certified Civil Mediator, 2002
- Admitted to the United States District court for the Middle District of Florida, 1990
- Board Certified in Workers Compensation, 1996
- Speaking on the topic of social security and other offsets, Speaker, The Florida Bar Workers Compensation Forum, 2013
- Former Adjunct Professor U.C.F teaching contracts, legal research, and writing, University of Florida
Office location for David I. Rickey
20 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2013
Certificates and credentials