Dorothy J. McMichen
Top rated family law attorney in Orlando, FloridaMcMichen, Cinami & Demps
Experienced attorney Dorothy J. McMichen is the founding partner in the Orlando law firm of McMichen, Cinami, & Demps PLLC. She founded the firm in 1995 as Dorothy J. McMichen, P.A., and, in 2008, the newest incarnation of the firm was born when her two associate attorneys became partners. Today, Ms. McMichen continues to focus entirely on family and marital law, as she has done for nearly 25 years.
Ms. McMichen began practicing law in 1983 after earning her law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and her admission to The Florida Bar. She began her legal career in general practice at the law firm of R. Patrick Phillips, and she made partner in 1992. In 1995, she left the firm to found her solo practice, and she has built a solid reputation as a talented family law attorney over the past 20 years.
Attorney McMichen has earned the respect of both her clients and her peers over the course of her long career. In 2000, the Florida Board of Legal Specialization and Education recognized her as a board-certified attorney in the area of marital and family law. In addition, she has a "Good" rating from Avvo, and she has received an AV-Preeminent* peer-review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition to Ms. McMichen's work on her clients' behalves, she also works for the good of the legal community. She is a member of several associations, including the American Bar Association, the Orange County Bar Association and the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasFamily law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1983
Professional Webpage: https://fldivorce.com/attorneys/dorothy-j-mcmichen/
- Recognized for Exceptional Pro Bono Service by the Supreme Court of Florida, 2004
- Super Lawyers, 2008
- Legal Aid society of the Orange County Bar Award of Excellence, 1997
- Legal Aid society of the Orange County Bar Award of Excellence, 2005
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Board Certified in Marital and Family Law, 2000
- Champman College In Anaheim, California, B.A. in Economics and Business, 1979
- Florida Bar, 1983
- American Bar Association, 1983 - Present
- Orange County Bar Association, 1983 - Present
- Seminole County Bar Association, 1983 - Present
- Lake County Bar Association, 2001 - Present
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers, 1983 - Present
Office location for Dorothy J. McMichen
1500 E Concord St
Orlando, FL 32803
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2010
Certificates and credentials
Marital & Family Law