Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Orlando, FloridaMorgan & Morgan
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Products liability, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1977
Education: University of Pennsylvania Law School
Morgan & Morgan20 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801 Visit website
Attorney Joseph Taraska is a senior trial lawyer at the law firm of Morgan & Morgan in Orlando, Florida. Mr. Taraska has over four decades of legal experience and practices in the areas of medical malpractice, defective products, defective pharmaceuticals, health law, hospital law, nursing home abuse, state medical licensure, tobacco litigation, wrongful death and more. He represents clients throughout Central Florida and Nationally.
After graduating from the U.S. Air Force Academy, Mr.Taraska earned his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He later trained at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology and served as a medical / legal consultant for the U.S. Air Force. He has been admitted to practice law in the state of Florida since 1977 and has been certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar from 1984 through 2019.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Taraska has served in an advisory role to various Florida health care organizations, helping them with credentialing, bylaws, risk management and other issues. He served on the bioethics committee as well as the foundation board for Florida Hospital, and has lectured and written extensively on the area of health care law including three books, multiple chapters in medical texts and other journal articles. He currently represents individuals who require assistance through Civil Litigation.
Respected by his peers in the legal profession, Mr. Taraska has been rated AV Preeminent,* the highest possible rating, by the peer review service Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr.Taraska is a member of The Florida Bar and the Florida chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He also belongs to a number of national organizations including the American Board of Trial Advocates, the American Association for Justice and the Volie A. Williams American Inn of Court.
Mr.Taraska has obtained numerous seven figure verdicts and settlements for his clients including a resolution of over nintey million for a group of clients who suffered similar injuries.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Medical devices, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury
- 60% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1972, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/joe-taraska/
“A Legal Guide for Physicians” . 2000 pages, Author, A legal guide for physicians
2 volume text, A legal guide for florida physicians, Medical
- “Death – Withholding and Withdrawing Life Support”, Author
- “Physician Discipline”, Author
- “Preventive Medicine for the Cancer Specialist”, Author
- Board Certified as a civil trial lawyer by The Florida Bar since 1984
2015-2016. Settlement of 152 spinal injury cases for 92,000,000
2017 settlement of stroke and brain injury cases 8,000,000
- The Florida Bar
- The United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- The Volie A. Williams, American Inns of Court, Member
- The Florida Bar (Health Law Section), Member
- National Health Law Association
- The United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- The Florida Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- The Florida Trial Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Florida Justice Association
- The Pennsylvania Bar
- The American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- The United States Supreme Court
- The American Association for Justice, Member
- Adventist Health Systems/Sunbelt campuses in Central Florida, CEO
Bioethics Committee, Florida Hospital. 1997
foundation board florida hospital. 1997
- Air Force Eastern Regional Medical Center; Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Hospital Administration, 1974)
- U.S. Air Force Academy, B.S. in International Affairs, Honors: Honored with the distinction of being selected as the outstanding cadet in law, 1969
- Forensic Medical Consultant, Judge Advocate General United States Air Force, 1974
- Best Regular Feature Article, Central Florida Physicians Journal, 1986
- Top 15 lawyers in Central Florida, Orlando Business Journal, 1983
- AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 1991
- Outstanding Speakers Award, Florida Medical Association, 1986
- Selected as a Florida Super lawyer by his peers, 2007
Office location for Joseph Taraska
20 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2013 - 2016
Certificates and credentials