Keersten Heskin Martinez
Top rated family law attorney in Orlando, FloridaHeskin Martinez Law Group
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1996
Education: University of Florida Levin College of Law
Heskin Martinez Law Group390 N Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32801 Visit website
At Heskin Martinez Law Group, Keersten Haskin Martinez represents clients in complex divorce litigation and family law in central Florida. She is board certified in marital and family law, certified by The Florida Bar, and is one of the only attorneys in the area to be so. With over two decades of experience, she has received the Book Award for Legal Drafting and Civil Procedure II and has been included in The Best Lawyers in America since 2019.
Ms. Martinez is admitted to practice in the state of Florida and before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida. She is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating from the Florida Institute of Technology with a bachelor of science in aviation management and flight technology, Ms. Martinez moved on to law school. In 1995, she graduated with honors and her juris doctor degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While in law school, she was an associate articles editor for the Florida Law Review.
Ms. Martinez is an active member of the local legal community. Within the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, she served as president and a board member. Ms. Martinez was also co-chair of the Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar Association, and she was on the Family Law Rules Committee and Family Law Section of The Florida Bar. She is also a member of the Central Florida Family Law Inn.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1996, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://heskinmartinezlaw.com/attorneys/keersten-heskin-mart...
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Board Member, 2000 – 2009
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, President, 2008 – 2009
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Co-Chair, Dinner with The Judiciary, 1998 – 2000
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Family Law Rules Committee, 2002 – 2008
- The Central Florida Family Law Inns of Court
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- , Book Award – Legal Drafting
- , Book Award – Civil Procedure II
- , Florida Legal Elite, 2009
- , Honors and Best Brief Award – Appellate Advocacy
- , Honors – Legal Research and Writing
- , Best Lawyers, since 2019
- , Florida Super Lawyers, since 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell’s “AV” Rating since 2007
- Law Review, Associate Articles Editor, Florida Law Review
- “Easier Than Obtaining a Driver’s License: The Licensing of Federal Gun Dealers”, 46 Fla.L.Rev., 805 (Dec), 1994
- University of Florida College of Law, 1995
- BS in Aviation Management and Flight Technology from the Florida Institute of Technology, 1990
- Florida Bar, Board Certification Marital and Family law, 2014
Office location for Keersten Heskin Martinez
390 N Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32801
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
Top ListsTop 50: Orlando Super Lawyers: 2022
Certificates and credentials
Marital & Family Law