Nathan P. Carter
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Orlando, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009
- Free Consultation
A partner at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter, Nathan P. Carter focuses his practice exclusively on complex personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Located in Orlando, he provides representation to clients throughout Florida who have been harmed due to the negligence of other persons or entities. Admitted to practice before all Florida and Georgia state courts, Mr. Carter is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court as well as U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Northern Districts of Georgia.
Mr. Carter's experience spans a wide variety of cases, and he has been able to obtain numerous sizable settlements and jury awards on behalf of his plaintiff clients. He has worked on incidents arising out of medical malpractice, construction site accidents, nursing home neglect, truck and other motor vehicle crashes, aviation accidents, sexual assaults, defective products, and premises liability, among others. His successes both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table has earned him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Carter has been selected to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 every year since 2009, and he has been named to Florida Trend magazine's annual Florida Legal Elite list each year since 2008.
Mr. Carter is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Association for Justice, the Orange County Bar Association, and the Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association, and he is a past member of the board of directors of the Florida Justice Association. A recipient of a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, he pursued his legal education at the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1995.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2009
About Nathan P. Carter
First Admitted: 1995, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.thefloridafirm.com/attorneys/nathan.html
- He has spoken at national ATLA seminars and been published in TRIAL magazine, the Journal of Trial Lawyers of America, the only peer-reviewed national publication for Trial Lawyers (“Who’s Really Running the Nursing Home?” November 2006). He has had cases featured and been interviewed by the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Dallas-Ft. Worth Star Telegram, CNN, as well as several Florida media outlets (see the articles section of our website for some of these).
- One of the Top Lawyers in Florida, The Wall Street Journal
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2008 and 2017
- Super Lawyers – Top Attorneys in Florida, 2009 - Present
- Shoe Leather Award, FJA, 2012
- Florida Legal Elite, National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers in Florida, AV Rated, Super Lawyers
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Chair of the Tort Law Committee, Orange County Bar Association, 2006–2007
- Chair of the FJA Nursing Home Task Force
- Board of Directors, Central Florida Trial Lawyers, 2010 and 2011
- Member and Past President, Central Florida Trial Lawyers, 2002-2003
- Chair, Florida Lawyers Action Group Candidate Recruitment Task Force
- Board of Directors, Florida Justice Association
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Federal Northern and Southern Districts in Georgia
- Federal Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar Special Committee on Lawyer Referral Services, Florida Bar Grievance Committee 9th Circuit, National Trial Lawyers Nursing Home Executive Committee, Florida Justice Association Board of Directors, Central Florida Lawyers Past President
Pro bono/Community Service
- Guardian Ad Litem pro bono work, moot court judge for local law schools, youth sports coach for soccer and basketball
- Mr. Carter is licensed to practice law in all of the State and Appellate Courts in both Florida and Georgia. He is also admitted to practice law in the Federal Middle District of Florida and the Federal Northern and Southern Districts in Georgia. He has also been retained by local attorneys to assist in significant cases in New York, West Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Maryland Washington DC.
- Nathan Carter has handled and tried to a jury all types of complex civil litigation including medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, toxic-tort/chemical exposure cases, construction site accident cases, sexual assault cases, and all types of automobile accident cases, including many tractor-trailer cases. He has obtained numerous successful settlements and jury verdicts in all types of cases.
- He obtained his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He obtained his law degree from the Mercer University School of Law in Georgia. During law school, he entered the Syracuse University School of Law in order to clerk for a firm in London, England. While in London in 1992, he participated in two high-profile murder trials at the 400 year old “Old Bailey” Courthouse with one of the top Barristers in London.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- He has also testified before the Florida Senate and House of Representatives on various issues. Mr. Carter has also been privileged to be invited to go to Washington D.C where he met with various United States House and Senate Committee members about Nursing Home reform issues.
- Breach of warranty claims are used in product liability lawsuits to prove that a product is "defective." A breach o… https://t.co/Q4027aBWt6
- July is the peak month for grill fires! So next time you opt for a nice grill session, make sure your grill is up-t… https://t.co/4BvHP6bzgf
- Due to the number of parties that may be involved, it's difficult to resolve a truck accident case without the help… https://t.co/uSZon5zqqg
- Having auto insurance is necessary to protect yourself in the case of an accident. However, you can't always be pre… https://t.co/X6Ih47NIAD
- Florida law requires you to file a nursing home abuse or neglect claim within two years. In addition to nursing hom… https://t.co/mlvwSEv7mD
Last Updated: 5/15/2022