Paul L. SanGiovanni
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Orlando, FL
Paul L. SanGiovanni is an attorney with the Morgan & Morgan law firm, and he works primarily out of the firm's Orlando, Florida, law office. A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 25 years of legal experience, Mr. SanGiovanni represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout Central Florida and the surrounding areas who have legal issues involving complex commercial construction claims and other similar matters.
Throughout the course of his career, Mr. SanGiovanni has handled numerous cases involving large-scale commercial development projects as well as high-rise developments, theme parks and entertainment venues. He has also served as counsel on prominent public works projects, such as the Florida Southern District Federal Courthouse, the Orlando County Courthouse and the Orlando International Airport.
From his efforts, Mr. SanGiovanni has achieved considerable success, and he recently helped secure a verdict of more than $7.2 million on behalf of a community association against a major developer in a case involving road construction negligence. He has also recovered numerous other substantial awards and settlements for his plaintiff clients, and he has earned national recognition as one of the leading attorneys in the country for construction-related litigation.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. SanGiovanni holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America each year between 2008 and 2011. Moreover, he has received many positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1982 high honors graduate of the University of Florida and member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society, Mr. SanGiovanni returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1985. He received his license to practice from The Florida Bar that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Florida as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. SanGiovanni is the former president of the Orange County Bar Association and former chair of The Florida Bar Ethics Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida. He also once served on the board of governors of The Florida Bar, and he has served as president of the Legal Aid Society of Orange County.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Paul L. SanGiovanni
First Admitted: 1985, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/paul-l-sangiovanni/
- University of Florida, B.A., with High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, 1982
- 1991, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- 1998, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association - President, 2003
- 1985, Florida
- Chair: Florida Bar Ethics Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2010
- The Florida Bar - Board of Governors; 2011 - 2017, 2017
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association - President; 2001, 2001
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Florida Trend's “Legal Elite”, 2004
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell rated AV, Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Alaqua Lakes Community Association, Inc. v. Taylor Morrison of Florida, Inc., 2019
- #VerdictAlert: Jarrod Bentley and Lauren Marley just received a $110,000.00 verdict for their client on a very tou… https://t.co/xZJXUkUIPA
- #VerdictAlert: Angeli Murthy and Allie Rattet just won $130,000.00 for their client in a labor and employment laws… https://t.co/lzNwUBuJUj
- “For years we filed claims bills in the Florida Legislature without success – but we never gave up,” Morgan & Morga… https://t.co/m8HvGURQ2u
- Recap of the Plaza Fiesta event hosted by our #Abogados attorneys in ATL! Thank you to the entire community for co… https://t.co/LXWmdc5PZc
Last Updated: 5/15/2022