Peter F. Carr, Jr.
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Orlando, FloridaCarr Law Firm, P.A.
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Construction Litigation, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1995
Education: University of Florida Levin College of Law
Carr Law Firm, P.A.203 East Livingston Street
Orlando, FL 32801 Visit website
At his Orlando firm, Carr Law Firm, P.A., attorney and shareholder Peter F. Carr Jr. has successfully litigated cases against some of the largest and most powerful corporations, resulting in significant recoveries for his clients. Mr. Carr represents individuals in high-dollar contractual disputes as well as against multimillion-dollar companies that have been taken advantage of by insurance companies, corporations, employers and the negligence of others.
Mr. Carr has also taken numerous cases to trial throughout the state of Florida, including in federal court, state court and the American Arbitration Association. He has tried numerous cases to conclusion in several counties in Florida, including Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County, Pinellas County, Hillsborough County, Palm Beach County and Dade County.
Mr. Carr is admitted to practice in the states of Florida and New York, the U.S. District Court Middle and Northern District of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit. He is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Florida Justice Association.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Construction Litigation: Business, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Construction Defects, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Non-Compete Agreements, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trade Secret, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 40% Business Litigation
- 30% Construction Litigation: Business
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.carrlawpa.com/Attorney-Profiles/Peter-F-Carr-Jr.s...
- Motor Vehicle Accident. The Carr Law Firm represented a victim of a rear-end collision and obtained a recovery of $300,000 which was the full limits of all insurance policies.
- Verdict: A client of the Carr Law Firm, P.A., just received a favorable jury verdict after a very hard-fought two-week jury trial in a construction case that involved claims for Breach of Contract and Construction Lien Foreclosure. The lawsuit was filed in 2008 for our client, a General Contractor, against a homeowner for failing to pay the amounts due pursuant to a construction contract. In response, the homeowner alleged everything from Fraud, Exploitation of the Elderly, violation of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Negligence, violation of Florida’s Building Code, Fraudulent Lien and Construction Defects. The lien was found VALID, and the jury found that the Defendant breached the construction contract and awarded our client every dollar sought. The jury also found that there were no construction defects.
- Settlement reached: The Carr Law Firm, P.A., litigated a case in federal court that involved allegations of breach of contract, trademark and copyright infringement, unfair competition, trade secrets and deceptive and unfair trade practices. On July 17, 2014, AVANTCARE, INC., ROGERS W. KIRVEN, JR., ACCESS HEALTH PARTNERS, LLC, FIFTY K GROUP, LLC, PURICORP HOLDINGS, LLC, DECLINOL LLC, PURIDONE LLC and APIQUEL LLC, jointly dismissed with prejudice the federal lawsuit that was filed by Avantcare, Inc., last year, with each party to bear its own legal expenses and with no party admitting any wrongdoing or liability. Attorneys at the Carr Law Firm, P.A., represented the Defendants.
- Slip and Fall at Hotel. The Carr Law Firm represented a lady who, upon returning from a theme park, slipped and fell in the bathroom in her hotel room. The case was litigated in Federal Court in Orlando. In 2017, the Carr Law Firm reached a favorable settlement for their client in the amount of $175,000.
- Wrongful Death Case: Lindsay Winn, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Westley S. Winn vs. JCS Towing and Transport, LLC. The Carr Law Firm represented Lindsay Winn in this lawsuit to recover damages related to the tragic death of her husband Westley Winn, the victim of a horrific highway crash involving a truck towing a large trailer in Orange County, FL. The case was complicated by the insurance company for the trailer denying coverage which was the subject of a separate lawsuit in Seminole County, FL. Despite allegations that the crash was caused by our client, Carr Law Firm performed a detailed crash investigation and was able obtain a confidential settlement in 2020.
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016
- Dean's List, University of Florida College of Law
- I have also represented some of the largest companies engaged in business in the State of Florida, including Burger King Corporation, Flagler Development Company, and Washington Mutual Bank
- Ex Parte Communications with Current and Former Employees of a Corporate Defendant, (Co-Author), The Florida Bar Journal, December 1997
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- Board of Director, Princeton House School, 2004 - 2006
- We help protect animal welfare rights through our work with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- Coalition for the Homeless
- Board of Director, Bay Hill Property Owner's Association, 2010 - Present
- Florida, 1995
- New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Florida Justice Association
- Member, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, George C. Young American Inn of Court
- Member, Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
Office location for Peter F. Carr, Jr.
203 East Livingston Street
Orlando, FL 32801
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023