Stephanie L. Cook
Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in Orlando, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017
Stephanie L. Cook is a partner at Shuffield, Lowman & Wilson, P.A. She primarily handles fiduciary litigation cases. Contested guardianship, trust litigation and probate litigation are just some of the many case types that fall under this broad header. She serves clients throughout the state of Florida, but she primarily works with people in Central Florida.
When Mrs. Cook first began her academic career, business and public relations caught her eye. She completed her B.A. in public relations in 2011. She then graduated summa cum laude and as valedictorian from the Barry University School of Law in 2007. While in law school, she earned many notable achievements, such as being named Student of the Year for 2007.
Mrs. Cook is licensed to practice in Florida. She was admitted to the state bar in 2007. That same year, she was also admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. To add to this, she holds memberships in several organizations. For example, she is a member of the Estate Guardianship Trust section for the Orange County Bar Association and is an active member of the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section.
When it comes to social responsibility, Mrs. Cook gives back by serving as a member of the Dr. Phillips Rotary Club. She is also an active member of the First Baptist Church of Orlando. When she is not at work or serving her community, Mrs. Cook enjoys spending time with her family.
Other Shuffield, Lowman & Wilson, P.A. Office Locations: TAVARES 545 West Main Street Tavares, FL 32778, 352-253-2222; DELAND 203 East Rich Avenue DeLand, FL 32724, 386-736-9225; PORT ORANGE 851 Dunlawton Avenue, Suite 300 Port Orange, FL 32127, 386-763-5083.
About Stephanie L. Cook
First Admitted: 2007, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://shuffieldlowman.com/stephanie-l-cook/
- Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third-party research and validation of the attorney’s professional accomplishments. The final published list represents five percent of the total lawyers in the state of Florida, Super Lawyers, 2019-2020, Thomson Reuters
- Stephanie was named a Thomas Reuters Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015, 2016 and 2017 by a selection process that rates attorneys based upon a comprehensive three-part review process and is limited to no more than five percent of Florida’s attorneys, Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-2017, Thomson Reuters
- The “Legal Elite” designation represents fewer than 1.2% of the active Florida Bar members who practice in the state, Legal Elite, 2017 & 2019, Florida Trend Magazine
- , Legal Elite, 2016, Up and Comer, Florida Trend Magazine
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
- Second Place, Region V Moot Court National Competition, 2007
- Moot Court Honors Board Outstanding Graduate, 2007
- Moot Court Honors Board Most Valuable Advocate, 2006
- Moot Court Honors Board Member, Barry University School of Law
- Book Awards for Trial Advocacy, Barry University School of Law
- Barry University School of Law Student of the Year, 2007
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member of Dr. Phillips Rotary Club
- Barry Law Review, Note and Comment Editor, 2006-2007
- Mississippi College, B.A., in Public Relations, 2001
- Florida, 2007
- Member of the Guardianship, Power of Attorneys and Advance Directives Committee of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member of the Probate and Trust Litigation Committee of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member of the Probate Law and Procedure Committee of the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Co-chair of the Orange County Bar Estate Guardianship Trust Section
- Member of the Orange County Judicial Relations committee
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association
- U. S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2007
- ShuffieldLowman Partner, Daniel Harris recently spoke at the 20th Anniversary Celebration of the Central Florida Hi… https://t.co/IZ3ZXjFmB6
- Heidi Isenhart, ShuffieldLowman Partner, & President of the Rotary of Orlando Foundation attended the recognition o… https://t.co/tgyaLxnVAE
- We are thrilled to have Raymond Boone from @stetsonlaw and Grace O'Connell from the @UFLaw with us as our summer a… https://t.co/jUzjLRLmIo
- Elder Law Attorney, Alyse Verner recently attended the @SeniorsFirstOrl High Tea & Hats Charity Luncheon. All fund… https://t.co/ZlGtKqtQA4
- ShuffieldLowman Partner, Jim Washburn, and his foursome recently participated in the Altamonte Springs Rotary Golf… https://t.co/6mK4zDyhGp
Last Updated: 3/30/2022