W. Doug Martin
Top rated personal injury attorney in Orlando, FloridaMorgan & Morgan
Attorney W. Doug Martin is a shareholder at Morgan & Morgan in Orlando, Florida. Mr. Martin represents plaintiffs throughout the Orlando area in personal injury matters. He has over a decade of experience and handles matters involving automobile accidents, brain injury, premises liability, trucking accidents, wrongful death and civil trial litigation.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Martin has successfully recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for victims of negligence. Recognized for his achievements, the National Trial Lawyers named him one of the “Top 40 under 40” and Martindale-Hubbell presented him with an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. Florida Trend magazine also included him on their “Legal Elite” list.
Mr. Martin is a member of the Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar and previously held several leadership positions in the Orange County Bar Association. He belongs to the Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association and the Florida Justice Association and sits on the board of trustees of the Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association.
Mr. Martin is passionate about providing pro bono service. He serves in the lawyer to law student mentoring program of Orange County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section and is a former board member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Northern Florida.
Mr. Martin received bachelor’s degree in business administration and finance from the University of Florida and earned his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. In addition, the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization & Education certified him in civil trial law. He holds a law license in Florida and before several federal courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/w-doug-martin/
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central And Northern Florida Board of Directors Golf Classic Chairman (2012)
- Florida Citrus Sports: Futures Ambassador (2008-2010)
- OCBA YLS: Lawyer to Law Student Mentoring Program
- 10 out of 10 AVVO Rating
- AV® Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®. AV Preeminent®: The highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that the lawyer’s reviewed peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – One of only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite “Up & Comers” are classified as attorneys under forty (40) years old or practicing fewer than ten (10) years. Each of the named attorneys earned the respect and votes of their peers in the Legal Elite balloting. Only 1.8% of Florida Attorneys have received this honor., Florida Trend's Legal Elite Up & Comers, Florida Trend Magazine, 2012
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is a professional organization comprised of America’s top young trial attorneys. Membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those individuals who meet stringent qualifications and specialize in the legal practice of criminal defense or civil plaintiff., The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, North District of Florida
- Florida Justice Association
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Florida, 2006
- Guardian Ad Litem pro bono work for the Legal Aid Society
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association
- The Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section
- Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Board of Directors (2009-2016) New Member Liason (2012) Social Chair (2009-2011) Secretary (2010)
- Legal Aid Society’s Board of Trustees, Board Member
- University of Florida, B.S. Business Administration and Finance, 2002
Office location for W. Doug Martin
20 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2020