Attorney Wendy A. Mara is the Managing Attorney of Mara Law, P.A., with her main office in Ormond Beach, Florida and satellite office in Palm Coast. The firm serves clients across Volusia and Flagler counties, from Palm Coast to Daytona Beach to Deltona. Ms. Mara represents individuals and families with their legal issues involving family law and divorce, estate planning, Medicaid Long Term Care planning, probate, and guardianship.
A 1993 magna cum laude graduate of Stetson University with a degree in English, Ms. Mara taught high school language arts for 13 years. During this time, she attended the University of Central Florida where she earned her Master of Business Administration in 2006. She then enrolled at Florida Coastal School of Law, obtaining her Juris Doctor in 2009.
While in law school, Ms. Mara served as a teaching and research assistant and received numerous certificates and honors for her exceptional academic achievements, oral advocacy and pro bono service. In 2009, The Florida Bar admitted her to practice, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Most recently in 2022, Ms. Mara earned a Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP) from the America College of Financial Services which provides her with the skills and knowledge to assist clients in their philanthropic estate planning.
Ms. Mara has a perfect rating from AVVO, and she won the Clients' Choice Award for Business in 2017. She also holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and has received numerous other accolades for her impeccable professionalism and legal abilities.
A consummate professional, she is active in a number of professional legal organizations. A selected member of The Dunn-Blount American Inn of Court, she is past president of both the Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers and the Volusia County Bar Association and current chair of the Elder Law Section of the Volusia County Bar Association. In addition, she has given back to her community through her involvement with the PACE Center for Girls, Inc., where she served as Chairperson of the Board for two years. Ms. Mara also served on the board for the Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce for many years. Ms. Mara currently provides pro bono services through Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida and Council on Aging. In addition, Ms. Mara was selected to serve as Chair of the Eastern and Southern Deanery of the Planned Giving Advisory Council to the Catholic Foundation of Central Florida and most recently earned her Charted Advisor in Philanthropy from the American College of Financial Services. Ms. Mara also enjoys serving as a Cub Scout Den Leader with Pack 74 in the Central Florida Council and is the Chair of the Parish Council at Prince of Peace Catholic Church.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 2009, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.maralawpa.com/wendy-mara.html
- Council on Aging Pro Bono Attorney
- Chair of the Eastern and Southern Deanery for the Catholic Foundation for Central Florida, 2020
- Den Leader for Cub Scout Pack 74 in the Central Florida Council., 2019
- PACE Center for Girls, Volusia-Flagler, Board Member, Chair, 2014-2015
- Community Legal Services, Mid-Florida, Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney
- Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Committee, 2010-2014
- Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Member, 2014-2018
- Junior League of Daytona Beach, 2016-Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, President, 2016
- Chair of Elder Law Section of Volusia County Bar Association
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers, President, 2015
- Volusia County Bar Association
- Volusia County Bar Association, Secretary, 2013
- Volusia County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Member, 2010-2013
- Florida Bar, Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee, Member, 2017
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Awards Committee, Member, 2017
- Florida Bar
- Volusia County Bar Association, Treasurer, 2014
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers, Board of Directors, 2012-2013
- Dunn-Blount American Inn of Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2010
- American Bar Association
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers, Vice President, 2014
- Volusia County Bar Association - Chair of the Elder Law Section, 2018
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers, Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers
- Florida Circuit Court, 2009
- Leadership Award, Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce, January 2013
- Guardian of Justice, Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, 2014
- Woman of the Year, Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers, 2015
- Stetson University, B.A., Major: English, Honors: magna cum laude, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Member, 1993, 1993
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP) from the American College of Financial Services, 2022
- University of Central Florida, Master of Business Administration, Honors: Phi Kappa Phi, 2006, 2006
- Transcript of Interview by Mark Imperial on top Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorneys, Interviewed for book on Estate Planning Attorneys, Leading Counsel: Spotlights on Top Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorneys, Legal, 2021
- Attorney Wendy Mara is interviewed by Mark Imperial, Best Selling Author, Syndicated Business Columnist, and Host of numerous business shows spotlighting leading experts, entrepreneurs, and business celebrities., Business Innovators Magazine Attorney Spotlight, Legal, 2021
- Guest on Plan Stronger with David Holland discussing Special Needs Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Legal, 2018
- Guest on Plan Stronger Holland Financial discussing Estate and Trust Planning (clip shown), Estate and Trust Planning, Legal, 2018
- Julian Cantillo interviews Wendy Mara regarding protecting your assets. , Protecting Your Assets, 2020
- Wendy Mara presents a seminar on the Misconceptions of Estate Planning., Misconceptions of Estate Planning - Catholic Legacy Planning Series, Legal, 2021
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019