Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaBoyes, Farina & Matwiczyk, P.A.
Peter Matwiczyk has been practicing law in Palm Beach County for over thirty years. He has been board certified by the Florida Bar in wills, trusts, and estates since 1992, and has been AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell for more than thirty years. Mr. Matwiczyk has been a member of the American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel (“ACTEC”) since 1992, where he has served, continuously, as a member of the Fiduciary Litigation Committee. He also currently serves as a member of the ACTEC Professional Standards Committee. He has regularly been named a Florida Super Lawyer in trusts and estates litigation and has been listed in Best Lawyers for nearly 15 years.
Prior to establishing his practice in Palm Beach County, Mr. Matwiczyk was a senior trial lawyer for the Internal Revenue Service, Office of Chief Counsel, in Manhattan, in the Tax Court Litigation Division, where he tried approximately twenty cases in the United States Tax Court to decision.
Mr. Matwiczyk assists clients in the estate planning process and counsels families in complex trust administrations, estate administrations, disputes involving trust and estate administrations, and trustee and fiduciary misconduct. He also represents clients in guardianship litigation as well as disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and in Tax Court litigation. Mr. Matwiczyk routinely cooperates with lawyers from states other than Florida as co-counsel in connection with fiduciary litigation and trust and estate administration and litigation matters.
Mr. Matwiczyk has a decades long history of service to his community, where he has served as a member of the board of the Gulfstream Council Boy Scouts of America, the Palm Beach Zoo, where he also served as President, and the Board of Directors of public television station, WPBT, Channel 2, which serves the area from Miami through Vero Beach. He is currently serving his second ten-year term as a member of the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, where he currently serves on the Executive Committee. Previously, he chaired the Investment Committee for the Foundation which has responsibility for managing an endowment of approximately $150,000,000.
His family includes his wife, Carol, his daughter and two grandsons. He is an avid fly fisherman and boater and his leisure time is spent studying and reading European and American history.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships
- 90% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1974
Professional Webpage: http://www.bfmlaw.com/attorneys/peter-matwiczyk/
- Listed in Best Lawyers
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyer in trusts and estates litigation
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Chairman
- The Florida Bar, Tax, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel, Fellow
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Tax, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- Pennsylvania, 1974
- Palm Beach Tax Institute, Founding Member and President, 1988 - Present
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Member, 1984 - 1986
- East Coast Estate Planning Council, Member, Board of Directors, 1983 - 1990
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Council
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel ("ACTEC"), Member, 1992
- U.S. Tax Court
- East Coast Estate Planning Council, Board Member, 1983 - 1990
- Executive Council, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1984 - 1990
- Palm Beach Tax Institute, Member, Board of Directors, 1982 - 1991
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel, Professional Standards Committee, Member
- Florida, 1977
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel, Member, Fiduciary Litigation Committee
- American Bar Association, Tax Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- Boy Scouts of American, Gulfstream Council, Member, Board of Directors
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation, Executive Committee for Palm Beach and Martin Counties
- Boys' and Girls' Clubs of the Palm Beaches, Member. Board of Directors
- WPBT, Channel 2, President and the Board of Directors
- Dreher Park Zoo, Board Member and Past President
- Franklin and Marshall College, Member, Alumni Board
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York LL.M. - 1976, Major: Taxation
- Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, B.A. - 1970
- Board certified by the Florida Bar in wills, trusts, and estates, 1992
- Board Certified Estate Planning and Probate, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Office location for Peter Matwiczyk
3300 PGA Boulevard
Gardens Plaza, Suite 600
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410