James G. "Jamie" Pressly, Jr.
Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in Palm Beach, FL
One of Florida’s most highly respected attorneys, James G. Pressly Jr. is a partner at Pressly, Pressly, Randolph & Pressly, P.A. Located in Palm Beach, he represents clients throughout the region, including West Palm Beach, Jupiter and Boca Raton. Mr. Pressly has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America each year since 1983, and he has received many other accolades from his fellow attorneys, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He has been admitted to practice before all Florida state courts since 1972.
Mr. Pressly’s practice encompasses estate planning and administration, probate matters, and trust and probate litigation. Many of his clients have significant assets, and he tailors their estate plans to provide protection to them and their heirs for their assets and to meet their individual needs and objectives. Mr. Pressly regularly prepares and reviews wills, financial and health care powers of attorney, advance medical directives, and irrevocable and living trusts. He has guided clients through what is frequently a complex and lengthy process, and he has handled will contests as well as litigation against executors and trustees for breaches of their fiduciary duties. Mr. Pressly’s probate court experience has also included guardianships and conservatorships.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Pressly attended the University of Florida and received a Bachelor of Arts with honors in 1969. After his graduation, he was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Society. Remaining on campus for his legal education, he enrolled at what was then known as the University of Florida Levin College of Law, and in 1972, he was awarded his Juris Doctor with high honors. He is a fellow in The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and a member of several other professional groups.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Will Contests, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About James G. "Jamie" Pressly, Jr.
First Admitted: 1972, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://pprplaw.com/attorneys/james-g-pressly-jr/
- Author: “Removal of the Personal Representative and Surcharge,” published in 2004 and updated in 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017
- University of Florida Law Review, Member, 1971-1972
- Co-author with John W. Randolph, Jr. of the 2-Volume Book: “Florida Estate Planning,” (James Publishing), 2009 and update
- The Florida Bar 2005 Trust and Estate Symposium, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa “Removal and Surcharge of a Fiduciary” – February 2005
- Palm Beach County Bar Association Estate and Trust Seminar, “Whose Trust is it Anyway?”
- Palm Beach County Bar Association Estate and Trust Seminar, “Removal and Surcharge of P.R./Trustee” – May 2010
- Speaker: The Florida Bar 2012 Litigation and Trust Law Symposium, Fort Lauderdale-Tampa “Fiduciary Surcharge”– May 2012
- Speaker: 35th Annual Attorney/Trust Officer Liaison Conference – Florida Case Law Update, Palm Beach, FL – June 2016
- Listed in every edition of The Best Lawyers in America since 1983
- 2012-2014 West Palm Beach “Lawyer of the Year,” Trusts & Estates Litigation
- American Bar Association, Vice Chairman, Committee on Fiduciary Litigation, 1988-1991
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow, 1983
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, President, 1987-88
- The Florida Bar, Chairman, Wills, Trusts and Estates Certification Committee, 1994
- Florida, 1972
- Board Certified Wills, Trusts, and Estates
- University of Florida, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
Last Updated: 3/23/2022