Robert N. Heath, Jr.
Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Pensacola, FL
The founder of his own Pensacola, Florida-based firm, attorney Robert N. Heath is a seasoned trial lawyer who focuses primarily on providing alternative dispute resolution services, including mediation and arbitration, throughout Florida and Alabama.
Mr. Heath has been recognized by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education as a board certified civil trial attorney, and he is additionally certified by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification. As a Florida Supreme Court-certified mediator who sits on multiple national arbitration panels, he also provides alternative dispute resolution services and arbitrates in a wide variety of civil and commercial disputes. He is a Fellow of the American College of Civil Trial Mediators and a member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals and has mediated over 3,400 cases (650+ virtually) and conducted hundreds of arbitrations. He also served as a member of the Appeals Panel for the Deepwater Horizon Economic Claims Settlement, the largest mass tort settlement in United States history. In that capacity, Mr. Heath has authored over 1,400 opinions to date in claims totaling over $600 million.
In 1978, Mr. Heath graduated from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, with a bachelor's degree. He then went on to obtain his law degree from the Florida State University College of Law in Tallahassee in 1981. Before entering private practice in 1983, he worked as an assistant state attorney. In the years since, his commitment to seeking justice for his clients has earned him Martindale-Hubbell's highest peer-reviewed rating of AV-Preeminent*. He recently completed his certificate in Advanced Mediation from the Harvard Law School.
Mr. Heath is licensed to practice before the state courts of Florida, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern Districts, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of the Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, and is a Certified Mediator in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Arbitration, Mediation, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2009 - 2022
About Robert N. Heath, Jr.
First Admitted: 1981, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.pensacoladebtdefense.com/Attorney/Robert-N-Heath....
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Fellow, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Selected as one of only three lawyers in Northwest Florida as Florida Trend's Legal Elite in the field of personal injury trial law., Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2009
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, B.A., 1978
- This video provides background information on a particular aspect of my insurance litigation practice., www.floridapiplawyer.com
- Author of "Proposals For Settlement in PIP Cases: Should U.S. Security Ins. Co. v. Cahuasqui be Overturned?", Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 75, No. 4, April 2001.
- Author, "The Parental Immunity Doctrine: Is Insurer Bad Faith an Exception or Should the Doctrine Be Abolished?", The Florida Bar Journal, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2021
- United States Supreme Court, 1988
- The Florida Bar, 1981
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1986
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, The Florida Bar, 1989
- Florida Qualified Arbitrtor, 2020
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1989
- Harvard Law School Advanced Mediation Certificatre, 2021
- Registered Mediator, Alabama Center For Dispute Resolution, 2018
- Board Certified Civil Practice Advocate, National Board of Trail Advocacy, 2012
- Florida Certified Circuit Mediator, 1994
- $3.2 million verdict against Nationwide Insurance Company in Collier County, Florida in a personal injury case., 2005
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Court Appointed Special Master in class action arising from the explosion of the Escambia County, Florida Jail. Appointed to assist over 200 pro se claimants in perfecting claims as members of the class under the Settlement Agreement., 2016
- Appeals Panelist for Deepwater Horizon Economic Loss Settlement, the largest class action settlement in U.S. history. One of 13 panelists nationwide hearing appeals from claims awards arizing from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010. Personally authored over 1,200 opinions in claims totaling over $425 million., 2012
Last Updated: 8/9/2022