Frank M. Petosa
Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Plantation, FL
Attorney Frank M. Petosa is a partner and member of the complex litigation group at the Plantation, Florida, office of the law firm Morgan & Morgan. Mr. Petosa devotes his practice to class-action and mass action lawsuits, representing clients in Plantation and nationwide in government actions, mass torts, pharmaceutical litigation and environmental toxic torts.
Mr. Petosa manages a number of national cases involving a variety of legal issues. He is the coordinator of the firm's oil spill practice group, which represents clients affected by the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
A graduate of the University of Florida, Mr. Petosa earned his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. He has been licensed to practice in the state of Florida since 1993 and is also admitted to practice before the U.S. district courts for the middle and southern districts of Florida.
Using his wealth of legal knowledge to educate others on topics such as medical malpractice, personal injury and mass torts, Mr. Petosa has given lectures to organizations including the Florida Justice Association and the American Association for Justice. He is a former president of the Florida Justice Association and served as a trustee and chair of the Florida Justice Political Action Committee.
Mr. Petosa is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, The Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association and the Palm Beach County Justice Association. He is also a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and belongs to the National Citizens' Coalition for Nursing Home Reform.
About Frank M. Petosa
First Admitted: 1993, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/frank-m-petosa/
- Lectured at seminars sponsored by the Florida Justice Association
- Lectured at seminars sponsored by the American Association for Justice
- Named a Florida Super Lawyer in the practice areas of Medical Malpractice and Class Actions, 2009 - 2012
- U.S. District Court, Middle Districts of Florida
- Fundraising Chair, Florida Justice Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- U.S. District Court, Southern Districts of Florida
- Chair, Nursing Home and Auto Insurance Committees
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Past Chair and Trustee, Florida Justice Political Action Committee
- Member, Florida Justice Association's Medical Liability and Arbitration Committees
- Past President, Florida Justice Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice - Nursing Home Litigation, Inadequate Security Litigation and Professional Negligence Sections
Pro bono/Community Service
- National Citizens Coalition for Nursing Home Reform
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Florida's Voice on Mental Retardation
- Broward Coalition on Aging
- University of Florida, B.A., 1989
Last Updated: 5/15/2022