Milton S. Blaut
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Plantation, FL
As a shareholder of The Blaut Weiss Law Group in Plantation, Florida, attorney Milton S. Blaut focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and insurance law. Since 1977, he has helped countless individuals and families secure the compensation they need following an injury or loss caused by another party's negligence. Through his law firm, Mr. Blaut delivers aggressive and effective representation to his plaintiff clients with their claims involving any of the following:
· Motor vehicle accidents, including automobile, motorcycle and commercial truck accidents
· Trip- or slip-and-fall accidents
· Medical malpractice
· Defective medical devices
· Harmful drugs
· Nursing home neglect and abuse
· Disability insurance claims
· Cemetery abuse
· Individual and business property insurance claims
After obtaining his Juris Doctor and a Master of Science in accounting from Syracuse University in 1975, Mr. Blaut received his license to practice law from The Florida Bar in 1976 and from the New York State Bar Association in 1984. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida as well as the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Over his 41 years of practice, Mr. Blaut has earned recognition by his peers in organizations that recognize outstanding attorneys, including being named:
- To America’s Top 100 Attorneys.
- To Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in South Florida by The National Trial Lawyers.
- To Rue Ratings’ Best Lawyers of America.
- To the National Association of Distinguished Counsel Top 1% of Attorneys in the United States.
- One of South Florida’s Top-Rated Lawyers in 2012–2015.
- To the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
- To American Research Corporation as a “Leading American Lawyer – 1999.
- To the College of Barristers.
- Founding Fellow of the Southern Trial Lawyers.
- A Diplomate of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- “AV” Preeminent peer-rated by Martindale Hubbell 5 out of 5 (the highest rating).
- AVVO rating of 10 out of 10 (Superb).
- Super Lawyers
Dedicated to his practice, Mr. Blaut is a mmber of various professional legal organizations, including the Broward County Bar Association, the Florida Justice Association, the Broward County Trial Lawyers, and the Southern Trial Lawyers Association, among others. Moreover, The Florida Bar appointed him to serve on the state's Rules of Evidence, Rules of Civil Procedure and Health Law committees, and Mr. Blaut has used his extensive experience in personal injury law and trial practice to educate other attorneys on those areas of the law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Milton S. Blaut
First Admitted: 1976, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.blautweiss.com/milton-blaut-team.php
Pro bono/Community Service
- Boards of Beth Ahm Israel
- Vice President, Boards of Temple Sinai
- The Florida Bar, Member, Grievance Committee (17th Judicial Circuit), 1993-1994
- Southern District of Florida
- Diplomate of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- American Justice Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Member, Committee on Rules of Civil Procedure, 1989-1991
- New York, 1984
- Founding Fellow, Southern Trial Lawyers
- Florida Justice Association (formerly, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers), EAGLE member
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Member, Health Law Committee, 1983-1985
- Florida, 1976
- The Florida Bar, Member, Committee on Rules of Evidence, 1980-1982
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Broward County Justice Association
- Broward County Trial Lawyers
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- AVVO rating of 10 (Superb)
- Rue Ratings’ Best Lawyers of America
- American Research Corporation, Leading American Lawyer, 1999
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Top 1% of Attorneys in the United States
- One of South Florida’s Top-Rated Lawyers, 2012–2015
- AV” Preeminent peer-rated by Martindale Hubbell 5 out of 5 (the highest rating)
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts, 1973
- Syracuse University, Master of Science in Accounting , 1975
- Speaker, Masters of Justice Seminar, Florida Justice Association, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022