Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Plantation, FloridaLane & Ducheine, PL
Stephanie Ducheine-Welsh, with nearly 15 years of legal experience, is a founding partner and personal injury attorney at Lane & Ducheine, PL. Covering areas surrounding Fort Lauderdale and Broward County in Florida, she represents victims of motor vehicle accidents, watercraft injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, catastrophic injury, wrongful death and product liability.
Ms. Ducheine-Welsh previously practiced civil and insurance defense litigation, and she uses her knowledge of insurance defense to build strong cases for her clients today. Admitted to practice in Florida, she is also licensed to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
A graduate of the University of Florida, Ms. Ducheine-Welsh obtained her bachelor’s degree summa cum laude in health science, with a minor in criminology in 2003. She was awarded a spot in the university’s hall of fame and honored by Florida Blue Key, a prestigious leadership honor in Florida. During her Juris Doctor studies at the same university, she was recognized with the Pro Se Clinic Book Award among other honors.
Ms. Ducheine-Welsh uses the knowledge and experience she gained when handling defense cases to negotiate settlements for plaintiffs. She is a tenacious and zealous advocate for the liberties of her clients. She is rated “Good” on Avvo and is selected for inclusion in Legacy Miami’s list of 40 Under 40 for her pro bono activities.
Ms. Ducheine-Welsh holds memberships in legal associations such as The Florida Bar’s Trial Lawyers Section and the Florida Justice Association. She serves on the board of directors of the Dade County Bar Association and was the former president of the Haitian Lawyers Association.
In addition, Ms. Ducheine-Welsh imparts knowledge on torts, civil litigation, business law, legal ethics and more to law students at Keiser University’s Legal Studies department. She provides service in the form of mentorship and social work as a way of giving back to the community.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2007, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://rightstojustice.com/our-team/stephanie-ducheine-wels...
- $1.3 Million Verdict: Trucking Accident
- Confidential Settlement: MVA, Death of Driver
- Confidential Settlement: MVA, Death of At Fault Driver
- Confidential Settlement: MVA, Death of Passenger
- Confidential Settlement: Cosmetic Negligence, Burn injury
- $290,000 Settlement, MVA
- $450,000 Settlement: Policy Limits, MVA
- $500,000 Settlement: Negligent Security
- $550,000 Settlement: Policy Limits Motorcycle Crash
- $135,000 Settlement: Premises Liability, Knee Injury
- $150,000 Settlement: Premises Liability, Nonsurgical shoulder injury
- $150,000 Settlement: MVA, Fractured Finger
- $225,000 Settlement: MVA, Policy Limits
- $75,000 Settlement: Slip, Trip and Fall, wrist injury aggravation
- $100,000 Settlement: Pedestrian Accident, nonsurgical neck injury
- $100,000 Settlement: MVA Accident, nonsurgical back injury
- $110,000 Settlement: Premises Liability, Resulting in Scarring
- 6-Figure Settlement - Family with young children involved in car accident
- $1+million - Car Accident Injury
- Multi-million Settlement - Boating Accident
- $450,000 Settlement: Policy limits, motor vehicle accident, cervical fusion
- $500,000 Settlement: Negligent security
- $550,000 Settlement: Policy limits leg amputation in motorcycle crash
- $705,000 Settlement: Motor vehicle accident
- Dade County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
- Haitian Lawyers Association, Past President
- Florida's Bar Section of Trial Lawyers, Florida Justice Association
- Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, 2013 - 2019
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences and minor in Criminology with Summa Cum Laude, Outstanding Female Senior Leader, University of Florida’s Hall of Fame & Florida Blue Key
Office location for Stephanie Ducheine-Welsh
930 South State Road 7
Plantation, FL 33317
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017