Edward J. Kinberg
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Rockledge, FL
Licensed to practice in Florida for almost three decades, Edward J. Kinberg is a construction litigation attorney in Stewart Law in Rockledge, Florida. He has been advocating for the people of Florida, including those in Brevard County, Titusville, Palm Bay and Cocoa Beach. Being a qualified arbitrator and a board-certified specialist in construction law by The Florida Bar, he represents his clients in the following matters:
- Construction law
- Government contracts
- Business litigation
- Corporate law
Before Mr. Kinberg started his private practice and established his law firm in 1996, he was an officer in the U.S. military. He served as a trial attorney at the U.S. Contract Appeals Division for almost four years. Later, he became the deputy chief of contract law and the procurement fraud coordinator at the U.S. Army Europe and Africa headquarters.
Admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, Mr. Kinberg also represents clients in both federal and state courts throughout Florida, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals. With his extensive experience and training in the military, he assists both businesses and individuals alike in issues related to submitting claims, bid protests, disputes and formation and litigates both simple and complex cases before the court.
With a bachelor’s degree in economics and social sciences, Mr. Kinberg graduated from Drury University. An alumnus of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, he earned his doctorate of jurisprudence there in 1978. At the university, he was a member of the Phi Alpha Delta fraternity and actively took part in several moot court competitions.
For his extreme dedication to his clients and high ethical and professional values, Mr. Kinberg has been recognized and honored with several awards, including the Outstanding Business Partner by the National Academy Foundation, the Distinguished Service Award by the Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce, the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and the Outstanding Advocate Award by the Florida Institute of Technology.
Mr. Kinberg is an active member of many professional organizations, such as the National Contract Management Association; the Boards of Contract Appeal Bar Association, Inc.; and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association. He is also a board member of the Brevard County Bar Foundation and serves as the director of the Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
About Edward J. Kinberg
First Admitted: 1978
Professional Webpage: https://stewartlawcs.com/edward-j-kinberg%2C-esq
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics and Social Science, Drury College, Springfield, Missouri, 1975
Pro bono/Community Service
- Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce since 1996, having served in the following positions: Board of Directors since 1998, Vice Chair for Education; Chair of Education Committee (3 years); Melbourne High School Academy of Business and Finance Business Partners Council (Founding Member, Chair for six years, member for 15 years); Chamber Education Foundation, Chair 4 years; Chamber Academy Committee, Chair for 1 year; Hacienda Girls Ranch, Board of Directors, 4 years; Brevard Symphony Orchestra, Board of Directors
- President, Brevard Bar Association Foundation, 2010; Board of Directors, Brevard Bar Association Foundation since 2009; Member, National Contract Management Associating (NCMA) since 1989, having served in the following positions, National Board of Directors; Vice President- President, Southeast Region, President, Cape Canaveral Chapter; Associated Builders and Contractors Association (ABC) since 1994 having served in the following positions, President, Space Coast Chapter (two terms), State Board of Directors; Florida Construction Industry Advisory Board (CIAB), Florida Department of Education having served in the following positions. Member, Chair, FIT Construction Industry Advisory Board since 2000, Founder and Chair
- Fellow, National Contract Management Association; Florida Board Certified Construction Attorney; Certified Mediator, State of Florida; Qualified Arbitrator, State of Florida
- Best Practices in Government Contracting, Dispute Advoidance & Resolution, Author, Thomson Reuters/Aspatore, Government Contracts, 2009
- Author, Best Practices in Government Contracts- Bid Protests, Thomson Reuters/Aspatore, Government Contracts, 2009
- Prepared and presented paper on the applicability of the Federal, State and Local False claims as those acts relate to the practice of construction law in the State of Florida., Speaker, Florida Construction Law and the False Claims Act, Florida Construction Law Institute-Florida Bar Association, Florida Bar Association, 2010
- National Contract Management Association
Last Updated: 7/14/2022