Bernard F. Walsh
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Sarasota, FloridaGoldman Babboni Fernandez Murphy & Walsh
Attorney Bernard F. Walsh is a partner with Goldman Babboni Fernandez Murphy & Walsh law firm, which has law offices in Sarasota, Bradenton and St. Petersburg, Florida. A nationally recognized trial attorney with more than 41 years of total legal experience, Mr. Walsh provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout Sarasota and Manatee counties and the surrounding areas who suffered an injury or loss due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Walsh served as an attorney for the state of Florida, where he gained invaluable experience protecting the rights of those dealing with complex civil claims. He also served as a trial attorney for the state, where he handled a number of high-stakes felony criminal cases. Each of these experiences helped him hone his trial skills, and he has gained a reputation as a highly competent, tenacious trial advocate who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those he serves.
Focusing solely on personal injury law since 1982, Mr. Walsh has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, workplace accidents and other preventable tragedies. Among his most notable successes, he secured $6 million for the victim of a motorcycle accident and a $4.7 million recovery for the victim of a trucking accident. In addition, he has obtained many settlements and verdicts well in excess of a million dollars, earning his membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forums.
Honored for his professionalism, service and success, Mr. Walsh holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned recognition from the Best Attorneys of America, the National Association of Trial Lawyers, the American Jurist Institute, the American Society of Legal Advocates and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. He has also received a Top 10 designation from Trucking Trial Lawyers as well as a Best Accident Lawyers in Sarasota designation from Expertise.
A 1975 graduate of the University of South Florida, Mr. Walsh obtained his Juris Doctor from Cumberland Law School in 1978, and he received the National Book Awards for Constitutional Law and Professional Responsibility.
A leader in his legal community, he established the Manasota Trial Lawyers Board, where he continues to serve as president, and he serves on the boards of several legal organizations, including the Florida Justice Association, The National Trial Lawyers and the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. He is also an active member of the American Association for Justice, the National Association of Trial Lawyers and the Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1978, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.justicepays.com/attorney-bernard-walsh
- Lectures: Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers; Guest Lecturer at Stetson Law School.
- Advisory Board for Manatee County Sheriff's Office; Statewide Florida Highway Patrol Advisory Council
- Florida Justice Association (PAC), Board of Governors
- Manasota Trial Lawyers Board, Board
- Member in good standing of The Florida Bar., 1978
- Member of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA), the Melvin M. Belli Society, American Trial Lawyers Association, American Association of Justice, Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Sarasota County Bar Association, Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, National Trial Lawyers Association, Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association, Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association, the Florida Bar - Trial Lawyers Section, the American Bar Association.
- Board Member of the Florida Justice Association
- Founder & President of the Manasota Trial Lawyers Board, 2011
- Board Certified in Civil Trucking Litigation
- Manatee County Sheriff's Advisory Board
- Florida Highway Patrol Advisory Council
- One Hundred Club for Law Enforcement
- Sarasota County Sheriff's Advisory Board
- Lecture Outlines at Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers; Stetson School of Law
- Attorney Bernard F. Walsh discusses auto accident related Traumatic Brain Injury, diagnostics and treatment., www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0gPEgacf4w
- Bernard Walsh Explains How Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez & Walsh Prove Clients Cases, www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N7zrxFERis
- Juris Doctorate (Law Degree), 1978 – Cumberland Law School Selected as a Research Clerk - Intern for a Federal Judge and the U.S. Attorney’s Office Awarded the National Book Awards for Constitutional Law and Professional Responsibility Bachelor Degree (Undergraduate), 1975 – University of South Florida Bernard F. Walsh fights for the injured to get what they are owed. Our attorneys have the firm belief that justice pays., 1978
- National Board Member, APITLA, 2021
- Multi-Million Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2021
- , Member, Melvin M. Belli Society, 2021
- Board Member, The National Trial Lawyers, 2021
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Superb Rating, AVVO
- Inducted into Southern Trial Lawyers Association in 2006; Guest Lecturer at Florida Academy of Trial Layers and also at Stetson Law School., Top Lawyer of America
Office location for Bernard F. Walsh
2822 University Pkwy
Sarasota, FL 34243
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024
See legal Q & A provided by Bernard F. Walsh
Q: How does fault matter in a Florida auto accident?A: Florida is a “no-fault” insurance state, but the fair attribution of fault after an auto accident can still make a big difference to your … See all answers by Bernard Walsh