Caroleen B. Brej
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Sarasota, FL
An attorney at Bentley & Bruning, P.A., Caroleen B. Brej focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, with a particular emphasis on real estate matters. She works out of the firm’s offices in Sarasota, Florida, and she represents people and businesses throughout the region.
Ms. Brej attended the University of Florida's Warrington College of Business as an undergraduate, and she majored in both marketing and Spanish and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2008. She, then, chose to remain on campus for her legal education and enrolled at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, and in 2011, she was awarded her Juris Doctor.
Ms. Brej’s real estate litigation experience has involved cases that have been based on disputes between landlords and tenants, land use and zoning, commercial lease issues, title insurance, breach of contract, brokerage commissions, construction liens and homeowners association matters. She has handled a variety of nonreal estate matters as well, including shareholder and partner disputes, labor and employment issues, bad faith and other insurance coverage, business contract breaches, noncompete agreements, and dissolutions.
After Ms. Brej graduated from law school, she obtained criminal litigation experience working as a staff attorney on felony post-conviction proceedings for the 19th Judicial District of Florida. She, then, joined the Office of the State Attorney in Sarasota County, handling misdemeanor and felony prosecutions. Ms. Brej’s initial private practice experience was obtained at an area law firm where she worked on cases involving defective products before joining Bentley & Bruning, P.A., in March 2018. Admitted to practice in Florida since 2012, she is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
About Caroleen B. Brej
First Admitted: 2011, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://bentleyandbruning.com/caroleen-b-brej/
- Women En Mass, Member
- Injury Board
- American Association for Justice, Women’s Trial Lawyers Caucus, Member
- Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court, Member
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyer’s Division – Membership Committee, Member
- The Honorable Major B. Harding American Inn of Court, Barrister, 2012-2013
- Sarasota County Gator Club, Member of the Board of Directors
- Sarasota County Bar Association – Diversity Committee, Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Mock Trial Committee, Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Summer Social Committee, Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Mentoring Event Committee Chair
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Social Event Committee Co-Chair
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Law Week Committee
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Civil Trial Committee, Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division, Member of the Board of Directors
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- University of Florida, B.A. in Marketing and Spanish, 2008
Last Updated: 5/15/2022