Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Sarasota, FL
Attorney Colleen Norman is a partner at the law firm of Schipani, Norman, & McLain, P.A., in Sarasota, Florida, where she focuses her practice exclusively on family law. Ms. Norman represents clients facing a domestic or matrimonial dispute in Sarasota and throughout Florida. In addition to family law, she also has experience in criminal defense and insurance defense.
Ms. Norman has several years of experience handling all types of complex family law matters including those involving divorce, domestic violence, enforcement actions, child custody, jurisdictional disputes, paternity, relocations and prenuptial agreements. She is experienced in collaborative law techniques such as mediation, but she is always prepared to fight for the rights of her clients when courtroom litigation is necessary.
Ms. Norman is recognized for her accomplishments in the area of family law. The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys named Ms. Norman one of the “10 best female attorneys” in 2017 and 2018.
An active member of her legal community, Ms. Norman is a member of the family law sections of the Sarasota County Bar Association and The Florida Bar. In addition, she belongs to the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the Florida Association for Women Lawyers and the E. Robert Williams American Inn of Court.
Ms. Norman received her bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in philosophy from the University of North Florida and earned her law degree from Florida Coastal School of Law. She is a graduate of the National Family Law Trial Institute and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Institute for Family Law Associates. She holds a license to practice law before all Florida state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Colleen Norman
First Admitted: 2009, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.manasotalawyer.com/attorney/norman-colleen-esq/
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Inductee, E. Robert Williams Inns of Court
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Sarasota County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Family Law Section of Sarasota County Bar
- Member, Florida Association of Women Lawyers, 2014 to Present
- 2018 Incoming Chair to the Family Law Section of the Sarasota County Bar Association
- Member, Sarasota County Bar Association, 2011 to Present
- Member, Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2018 to Present
- Florida, 2009
- Manatee Community College, Honors: cum laude
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Institute for Associates, Advanced Training in Chicago, Illinois, 2016
- National Family Law Trial Institute in Houston, Texas, 2017
- River High School
- University of North Florida, B.A., Major: Psychology, Minor: Philosophy
- Exploring the Patient/Therapist privilege for minors from the legal perspective, Co - Lecturer/Presenter, Patient/Therapist Privilege for Children, Sarasota County Bar Association - Family Law Section, Family/Marital Law Attorneys And Mental Health Professionals, 2018
- Address some of the most common issues arising from COVID-19 circumstances involving impact upon families/children as it pertains to timesharing., Presenter/Lecturer, Timesharing In Times of COVID-19, Sarasota County Bar Association - Family Law Section, Family/Marital Law Attorneys, 2020
- Overview of therapist and patient privilege as it pertains to family law matters, Lecturer/Presenter, Privilege Where Privilege is Due, Family Law Section of Florida Bar, Family/Marital Law Attorneys And Mental Health Professionals, 2019
- , 10 Best Attorneys in Florida, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2020
- 10 Best Attorneys, 10 Best Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- Received Advanced Legal Writing and Research Recognition, Florida Coastal School Law
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018
- Member, Moot Court Honor Board, Florida Coastal School of Law
- Dean's List, Florida Coastal School of Law
- 10 Best Female Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017 - 2018, 2017
- Qualified Parenting Coordinator, 2020
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, 2020
Last Updated: 5/15/2022