Top rated Schools & Education attorney in Sarasota, FloridaWindsor Law
Attorney Jane Windsor brings unique insight to education law. As a Hillsborough County classroom teacher, she administered and coordinated IEPs (Individual Education Plans) as well as participated in U.S. Department of Education Section 504 Plans as defined under federal law and Florida law. She also learned about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to best advocate for her students.
Attorney Windsor understands these issues as well on a personal level as the mother of a child with ADD/ADHD.
Today, as an attorney, Jane Windsor uses her knowledge as well as these experiences to partner with parents. After adequate and proper testing and diagnoses, she will ensure that her clients' children receive all their legally allowable accommodations in school. To learn more about Jane's background,
Attorney Windsor is an active member of COPAA (Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates) to stay abreast of state and federal laws governing special education rights. Her passion is determining and enforcing accommodation rights and remedies for students with special learning needs and learning disabilities. She is also a member of the FL Bar Administrative Law Section and the Education Law Committe.
Ms. Windsor is a Florida native, a graduate of Sarasota High School, and of Florida State University. Later after raising her daughter and success as a classroom teacher Ms. Windsor attended law school in Michigan where she obtained her Juris Doctor Degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. She was on the Dean’s List and earned three Certificate of Merits in Constitutional Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Florida Comparative Procedure.
Practice areasSchools & Education, Civil Rights, Administrative Law
Disability, Education, Race Discrimination, Schools
- 70% Schools & Education
- 20% Civil Rights
- 10% Administrative Law
First Admitted: 2010, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.windsoreducationlaw.com/Who-We-Are/
- Florida Bar Education Law Committee Member - Membership
- Sarasota Bar Association Gold Pro Bono Attorney Award, 2013
- Florida's Children First - Host Committee Member 2014 - 2015 and 2015 - 2016
- 12th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Award for 100 Plus Hours of Donated Time, 2013
- Certificate of Merit Awards: in Constitutional Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Florida Comparative Procedure, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Sarasota High School , 1975
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science degree, 1979
- Professional Educator's Five Year Certificate, Elementary Education K-6, Art K-12 , 2004 - 2009, Art History Curriculum for Art Teacher Certification, 2001, Graduate level Elementary Education Certification, ABECA Curriculum Private School, 2000
- Florida, 2010
- Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court, 2015 to 2019.
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, 2011 to Present
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL), 2013 to Present
- National Business Institute (NBI) IEP and 504 Plan Legal Workshop, 2019
- This was a self published handbook for parent clients to use to assist them in getting the school services and support for their children, SPECIAL EDUCATION SUCCESS, Special Education - K-12, 2020
- William and Mary Law School Institute of Special Education Advocacy, 2021
- Board Exams
- Graduate School
- K-12 Education
- Private School
- Public Education
- Student Loan Discharge
Office location for Jane Windsor
1990 Main St
Sarasota, FL 34236
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2020