Michael A. France
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Sarasota, FloridaFrance Litigation Group
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Construction Litigation, Government Contracts; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2001
Education: Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
France Litigation Group1515 Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34236 Visit website
Michael A. France is an attorney at the law firm of France Litigation Group located in Sarasota, Florida. He has over 20 years of experience in the field of law and concentrates his practice on business and commercial litigation. In addition to taking on commercial trial and contractual dispute matters, he takes on cases involving construction, professional liability, foreclosures, landlord-tenant, lender bad faith suits and insurance coverage claims.
Graduating with dean’s list honors, Mr. France received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance and accounting from the Loyola University School of Business. He pursued law at the Loyola University New Orleans School of Law and graduated in the top 10% of his class, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1999 with a major in common and civil law.
While in law school, Mr. France was a member of the Loyola Law Review, where he also published his articles. He co-founded Loyola's Maritime Law Journal and volunteered at the Volunteer Tax Assistance Program. He provides sound and knowledgeable counsel to his clients and is a tireless advocate for their rights.
Throughout his career, Mr. France earned much recognition and received many awards, including the Sarasota County Bar Association’s President’s Award and a “Very Good” rating on Avvo. He served as the chair of the Sarasota County Bar Association’s Commercial Litigation Section and was an advising member of the Manatee Community College's Paralegal/Legal Assisting Program.
Mr. France is an active affiliate with the American Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, The Florida Bar and the Sarasota Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in Louisiana and Florida and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 11th Circuits. He is also admitted to practice pro hac vice at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Construction Litigation: Consumer, Government Contracts, Insurance Coverage, Professional Liability: Plaintiff, Real Estate: Consumer
Bad Faith Insurance, Insurance, Landlord/Tenant
- 50% Business Litigation
- 10% Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 10% Government Contracts
- 10% Insurance Coverage
- 10% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- 10% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 1999, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.mfrancelaw.com/attorney/michael-a-france/
- Recipient, Loyola Martine Award for Top Performance in the field of Maritime and Admiralty
- Recipient, Sarasota Bar Association’s President’s Award, 2009
- The Battle Over Late Fees: Will Late Paying Customers in Louisiana Be Able to Rise-Up Against The Business Who They Are Delinquent in Paying?, Loyola Law Review, 45 Loy. L. Rev. 171
- Co-Founder, Maritime Law Journal, Loyola University School of Law
- Published Member, Loyola Law Review, Loyola University School of Law
- Guest speaker on issues involving insurance claims, and anti-lender litigation
- Editor of Sarasota Bar Publication, The Docket, 2008-2009
- Allocation and Trigger. Coverage in the Context of Long Tail Litigation, Presented at the Lorman Insurance Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, 1998 to 1999
- Volunteer Tax Assistance Program
- Advising Member of Manatee Community College's Paralegal/Legal Assisting Program
- Officer of the Young Lawyers Division, 2004-2007
- Loyola University School of Business, New Orleans, Louisiana, B.B.A. in Finance and Accounting, Honors: Dean's List, 1995
- Chair of the Commercial Litigation Section for the Sarasota Bar Association from 2007 and 2008
- Sarasota Bar Association
- Florida State Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, pro hac vice
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
Office location for Michael A. France
1515 Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34236
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023