Stephen M. Fernandez
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Sarasota, FL
Stephen Fernandez graduated with honors from the University of Florida School of Law. While there, he focused primarily on personal injury and trial practices. He now serves clients as a member of the Florida law firm of Shapiro, Goldman, Babboni & Walsh. Mr. Fernandez is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida and the U.S District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He is licensed in both the state of Florida and the state of Georgia. He has extensive experience in personal injury law and has handled cases involving motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, assault and battery and insurance denials, among many others.
Stephen was named as one of the Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Organization and maintains a "Superb" rating by Avvo. Mr. Fernandez has authored a variety of publications focusing on his field and is a member of the Florida Justice Association, the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association of Justice and the Sarasota Bar Association. He also serves on the Manasota Trial Lawyers Association Board of Directors. Attorney Stephen Fernandez is also honored as an AV Preeminent* lawyer by the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory.
In addition to his professional dedication, Stephen is an outdoorsman who serves on the Board of the Sarasota Bay Watch, which is a nonprofit organization focused on the preservation and restoration of the Sarasota Bay. His writing has been published in Fisheries Magazine, Saltwater Fly Fishing, and Florida Sportsman. When he is not advocating for his clients, Mr. Fernandez enjoys fly fishing in the inshore waters off Florida's West Coast.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Stephen M. Fernandez
First Admitted: 2004, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.justicepays.com/attorney-stephen-fernandez
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Sarasota Bay Watch
- Salt Water Fly Fishing
- "Captive-bred Exceptions: An Unconventional Approach to Conservation Under the ESA", UF Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Fisheries Magazine
- Florida Sportsman
- Member, University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Barbara W. Maker Award
- With Honors, University of Florida College of Law
- "Excellent" Rating by Avvo
- Member, Florida Justice Association
- Member, Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Association of Plaintiff's Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Member, American Association of Justice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Member, Sarasota Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Member, Board of Directors, Manasota Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Florida, B.A., Major: Political Science, Minors: Business Administration and Environmental Studies, 2000
- University of Granada
Last Updated: 5/15/2022