Theodore C. Eastmoore
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Sarasota, FloridaEastmoore Crauwels & DuBose
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice, Estate & Trust Litigation, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1980
Education: Stetson University College of Law
Eastmoore Crauwels & DuBose1626 Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236 Visit website
Attorney Theodore C. Eastmoore is co-founder and partner of Eastmoore Crauwels & DuBose law firm in Sarasota, Florida. Nationally ranked as among the preeminent trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Eastmoore has more than 30 years of legal experience, and he provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout the Sarasota area and beyond who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Medical and professional malpractice
· Personal injury and wrongful death
· Estate, trust and guardianship litigation
· Insurance litigation
Board certified in civil trial law by The Florida Bar, Mr. Eastmoore has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of his clients in state and federal courts across his region. He has also successfully handled numerous appeals, and he has gained a reputation as a tenacious and fearless advocate who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
In honor of his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Eastmoore has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America. He has also received a Legal Elite designation from Florida Trend Magazine as well as the Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court Professionalism Award in 2017. Moreover, he is a fellow with the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers, and he has received many other consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
After graduating with honors from the University of Florida in 1986, Mr. Eastmoore attended Stetson University College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1980 and served as editor of the school's law review. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 11th circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Eastmoore is an active member of The Florida Bar and the Sarasota County Bar Association, and he is past president of the Young Lawyers Divisions of each of those organizations. He has also served as chair of the Second District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission and the Twelfth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission as well as chair of the Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar Executive Council and the Magistrate Merit Selection Panel for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Estate & Trust Litigation, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Plaintiff, Insurance Coverage
Animal Bites, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dental Malpractice, Ethics & Professional Responsibility, Informed Consent, Insurance, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Professional Malpractice - Other, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- 10% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 1980, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://ecd.law/theodore-c-eastmoore/
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Civil Trial Law
- Elder at Frist Presbyterian Church of Sarasota
- Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar Executive Council, Past Chair & Current Special Advisor
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Past President
- Florida Justice Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Past President
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court 1985
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits 1982
- All Florida Courts + U.S. 1980
- Ted has devoted a great deal of time to improving the practice of law for attorneys and their clients through his activities in the local and state bars. He has served as president of both the Sarasota Country Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division. Ted has also served as chair of the Second District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission and the Twelfth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission helping to ensure the finest candidates are chosen to be judges in our area. Ted was also chosen by the Florida Supreme Court to be a member of the committee reviewing the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure and by the Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida to serve on that court's federal grievance committee. Ted is a past Chair of the Executive Council of the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar and currently serves as a special advisor. Ted was also chosen by the Judges of the U.S. District Court, Middle District, to serve as Chair of the Magistrate Section Panel in 2014. Ted was also named Super Lawyer 2007-2016 and is designated as Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine.
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Ben F. Overton, Florida Supreme Court 1980-1982
- The Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court Professionalism Award 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation
- Florida’s Best Lawyers, Personal Injury Litigation, 2013-Present
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Florida Super Lawyers, Medical Malpractice 2007, 2009-2020
- Florida Legal Elite
- AV Preeminent Rating Martindale Hubbell
- B.S. University of Florida 1976 with honors
Office location for Theodore C. Eastmoore
1626 Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2009 - 2023
Certificates and credentials