Jason M. Melton
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Spring Hill, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
Attorney Jason M. Melton is a partner at Whittel & Melton, LLC, statewide law practice with offices in Spring Hill, Gainesville and Boca Raton, Florida. With a practice concentrated on personal injury, wrongful death and all areas of criminal defense, Mr. Melton commonly represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Inverness, Bushnell, Ocala, Tavares, Gainesville, Tampa, St. Petersburg, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
Mr. Melton obtained his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University and later earned his law degree from Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of America.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Melton served as an assistant state attorney for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida and also held positions with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Texas, the State’s Attorney's Office in Montgomery County, Maryland and the U.S. Small Business Administration. Today, he is licensed to practice in all Florida state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern District of Florida.
Active in professional organizations, Mr. Melton is a member of the Citrus County Bar Association, the Hernando County Bar Association, the Florida Bar, the Citrus Hernando American Inn of Court, the Florida Justice Association, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Melton's accomplishments have earned him a number of honors. The peer-review service Martindale-Hubbell gave him its highest rating, AV Preeminent.* He has been featured in media including the Tampa Tribune, the St. Petersburg Times and BuzzFeed. He has also appeared on a variety of local television networks and co-hosts WWJB radio's legal program "Law Talk."
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- PASCO 5318 Balsam St #A New Port Richey, FL 34652 Phone: 727-847-2299
- PINELLAS One Progress Plaza 200 Central Ave #400 St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Phone: 727-823-0000
- CITRUS COUNTY - INVERNESS 111 W Main St #303 Inverness, FL 34450 Phone: 352-726-0078
- CITRUS COUNTY - CRYSTAL RIVER 600 SE US Hwy 19 Crystal River, FL 34429 Phone: 352-726-0078
- LAKE - SUMTER 123 N Florida St Bushnell, FL 33513 Phone: 352-793-9330
- MARION - THE VILLAGES 510 Co Rd 466 #203W The Villages, FL 32159 Phone: 352-369-5334
- ALACHUA - LEVY 2441 NW 43rd St Unit 5B Gainesville, FL 32606 Phone: 352-264-7800
- HILLSBOROUGH 4401 W Kennedy Blvd #250 Tampa, FL 33609 Phone: 813-221-3200
- BOCA RATON 3700 Airport Rd #401 Boca Raton, FL 33431 Phone: 561-367-8777
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
About Jason M. Melton
First Admitted: 2002, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.thefllawfirm.com/jason-m-melton-esq.html
- University of San Diego School of Law, Comparative Law Institute, Florence, Italy
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1996
- Member, Citrus-Hernando Inn of Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Executive Board Member, Hernando County Bar Association, 2005-2007
- Member, The Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Citrus County Bar Association
- President, Hernando County Bar Association, 2007-2008
- Member, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Member, Traffic Court Rules Committee, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Hernando County Bar Association, 2005
- Teen Court Judge
- Member, American Association for Justice
- American Association Of Justice
- Florida Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Justice Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022