Top rated family law attorney in St. Augustine, FloridaCanan Law
Practice Areas: Family law, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2005
Education: Florida Coastal School of Law
Canan Law1030 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
St. Augustine, FL 32084 Visit website
Andrew T. Morgan is a skilled family law and criminal defense attorney, as well as an equity partner at Canan Law. At the firm, Andrew focuses his practice on high net-worth divorces and family law litigation, as well as complex criminal cases.
In the past, Andrew worked as an assistant state attorney, where he successfully defended clients in a variety of high-profile cases involving murder, manslaughter, DUI, sexual battery, drug offenses, robbery, aggravated battery, domestic violence, and more. Now, he draws on more than 15 years of legal practice to effectively advocate for his clients.
Andrew is an active member of the legal community, having served as the past president of the St. Johns and Putnam County Bar Associations. He has also been recognized for his legal skill and career accomplishments; he was selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list every year from 2016 through 2018.
Practice areasFamily law, Criminal defense
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Father's rights, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
- 70% Family law
- 30% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2005, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.cananlaw.com/about/andrew-t-morgan/
- Juvenile Justice Coalition, Vice President
- Winthrop University, M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, 2002
- Eckerd College, B.A., Major: Business, 2001
- Republican National Lawyers Association, Member (Former Asst. director), 2005 - Present, 2005
- St. Augustine Sunrise Rotary, Member, 2007 – Present, 2007
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009 , 2009
- St. Johns County Bar Association, Member (Former President), 2007 - Present , 2007
- Florida Bar, 2005, 2005
- Putnam County Bar, President
- Rising Star (Family Law) Florida Super Lawyers 2018, Rising Star (Family Law), Florida Super Lawyers, 2018
- Paul Harris fellow Rotary International, Paul Harris fellow, Rotary International, 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Star (Family Law), 2016, Rising Star (Family Law), Florida Super Lawyers, 2016
- Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Star (Family Law), 2017 , Rising Star (Family Law), Florida Super Lawyers, 2017
- Former St. Johns County Bar President
Office location for Andrew Morgan
1030 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018