Jessica E. Shahady
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
An attorney at The Ruth Law Team, Jessica E. Shahady focuses her practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. From the firm's offices in St. Petersburg, Florida, she provides dedicated representation to clients throughout Pinellas and Hillsborough counties and across the state who have incurred economic and noneconomic losses as a result of the negligence or recklessness of other persons or entities. Admitted to practice before all Florida state courts since 2007, Ms. Shahady is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
The types of personal cases that Ms. Shahady has handled throughout her career have arisen out of incidents involving truck, motorcycle, and other motor vehicle crashes, defective products, auto-pedestrian accidents and premises liability. She has been able to obtain numerous sizable jury awards and negotiated settlements on behalf of her plaintiff clients. An active participant in several legal organizations, Ms. Shahady's memberships include the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, The Florida Bar, the St. Petersburg Bar Association and the Florida Justice Association.
Majoring in English and foreign languages, Ms. Shahady attended West Virginia University as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2000. While she was there, she spent time studying abroad at the Santander campus of Menéndez Pelayo International University, and she also took classes at American University in the District of Columbia. After she graduated, Ms. Shahady remained in Morgantown, and in 2002, she obtained her Master of Science in industrial relations and human resources from her alma mater. Deciding to pursue a legal career, she then enrolled at the University of Dayton School of Law, and in 2005 she was awarded her Juris Doctor.
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Pharmaceutical, Medical Malpractice
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2017
About Jessica E. Shahady
First Admitted: 2007, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://bit.ly/3BaiFiw
- Selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2013-2014
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Member, Florida Bar Member, Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association Member, St. Petersburg Bar Association Member, U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Member, U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- BA English and Foreign Languages, West Virginia University MSIR Industrial Relations and Human Resources, West Virginia University
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pearl Society
- Earned a $63,008,744.00 verdict for a Florida Wrongful Death Claim in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida.
- Attys. Eric Roslansky and Jessica Shahady had a hard-fought week of trial in Polk County this month, ultimately lea… https://t.co/JQOGMexTGy
- All Aboard! The @ToysForTots_USA Train Is Here! Our #StPete office is an official drop off location:… https://t.co/IzszvXFT37
- What do you love about your lawyer? #LoveYourLawyerDay https://t.co/XQfr81OWiU
- Did you know talcum powder has been linked to #ovariancancer? Learn more: https://t.co/r47A2bvLfm #talc #talcpowder #GetJustice
- If you need to hire a #personalinjury lawyer, here are some things to consider: https://t.co/UhX8RXlZCN #PI… https://t.co/WFX2Kfg8Vh
Last Updated: 5/15/2022