Gerardo J. Rodriguez-Albizu
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Stuart, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2020
Gerardo J. Rodriguez-Albizu is the founder of Rodriguez-Albizu Law, P.A., a law firm located in Stuart, Florida, with a satellite office in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu is a seasoned attorney who represents domestic and international clients at both the trial and appellate levels. Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu has litigated a wide variety of cases, including matters under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), complex commercial matters, international copyright infringement, Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA) cases, foreign asset seizure, international commercial arbitration, partnership break up disputes, theft of trade secrets, disputes involving banks and financial institutions (including claims under Regulation X), commercial landlord-tenant disputes, among other matters. Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu also has experience with matters pending or involving foreign jurisdictions, including Central and South America, the Dominican Republic, and the Turks and Caicos Islands. Throughout his legal career Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu has represented a wide spectrum of clients, including banks, small business owners, real estate developers, individuals, and mid-size companies.
Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu also has experience in representing U.S. and international clients with their real estate needs. Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu’s experience includes assisting clients in all facets of a real estate transaction – from negotiating the purchase and sale agreement, to conducting the closing and issuing title insurance. In this regard Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu possesses experience in handling construction to permanent financing transactions, transactions involving national lenders, and all cash deals. Additionally, Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu assists clients drafting and negotiating commercial leases, either on behalf of landlords or prospective tenants.
Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu has received numerous accolades from both clients and the local community in recognition of his legal services, including the "Most Effective Lawyers" award from the South Florida Daily Business Review, and the "Outstanding Counsel of the Year" award from Areas USA, Inc. In 2016, 2017, 2018 and once again in 2019, Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu was named a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers, a distinction awarded to only 2.5% of all Florida attorneys under the age of 40.
Prior to starting Rodriguez-Albizu Law, P.A., Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu worked at the international law firms Greenberg Traurig, P.A., and Diaz, Reus, and Targ, LLP. Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu is a magna cum laude graduate from the University of Miami School of Law, where he also served as a member of the International and Comparative Law Review. Mr. Rodriguez-Albizu is admitted to practice before all state courts in Florida, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- 40%Business Litigation
- 30%Real Estate: Business
Trade Secret, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Mortgage & Refinance
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2020
Articles about Gerardo J. Rodriguez-Albizu appearing in Super Lawyers
About Gerardo J. Rodriguez-Albizu
First Admitted: 2008, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://ralawpa.com/meet-the-team/
- Co-Author, “China and Latin America: Striking a New Balance,” 1 CHINA BUS. L.J. 82, 2009
- Co-Author, International Arbitration – Sports: Outside Counsel Perspective, in International Commercial Arbitration Practice in the 21st Century 40-1, 2010
- Speaker, “Southern District of Florida Holds that RICO Does Not Apply to Regulate the Activities of a Foreign-Based RICO Enterprise,” The Florida Bar’s 10th Annual International Litigation and Arbitration Conference, Miami, FL, February 24, 2012
- Mentioned, “Telemundo Runs Off With Atty Fees in Telenova IP Row,” Law360, January 15, 2015
- Featured, “Marina Owner Wins Challenge to Tax-Exempt Public Docks,” Daily Business Review: Most Effective Lawyers 2014, December 8, 2014
- Co-Author, “Do Extraterritorial RICO Claims Still Exist in a Post-Morrison World?” The Federal Lawyer, Vol. 59, Issue 9, October/November 2012
- Co-Author, “Eleventh Circuit Holds that Private Arbitral Tribunals Fall Within Section 1782’s Purview,” Lexology, July 24, 2012
- Co-Author, “Southern District of Florida Holds Morrison v. Nat’l Australia Bank Not Limited to Exchange Act Cases,” Lexology, February 6, 2012
- Co-Author, “Judges’ Intensified Scrutiny of Criminal Plea Agreements: What Impact on White Collar Defendants?” WASH. LEGAL FOUND., Legal Backgrounder, January 28, 2011
- Author, “Two New U.S. Supreme Court Decisions Will Likely Impact Companies’ Drafting of Arbitration Clauses,” Lexology, August 3, 2010
- Author, “Proving Money Laundering Just Got Tougher,” WASH. LEGAL FOUND., Legal Pulse, August 3, 2010
- Author, “U.S. Courts on Legal Basis for Jurisdiction,” Lexology, April 30, 2010
- Co-Author, “Motions for Rehearing and Rehearing En Banc: Tips for the Trade,” 17 The Record 1, Spring 2010
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- “Outside Counsel of the Year” award from Areas USA, Inc.
- Most Effective Lawyer Award, South Florida Daily Business Review, 2014
- “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, 2016
Last Updated: 5/26/2022