William W. Corry
Top rated personal injury attorney in Tallahassee, FloridaThe Corry Law Firm, P.A.
William W. Corry is a partner at The Corry Law Firm, P.A., in Tallahassee, Florida. He has been in the legal field for more than three decades and is committed to providing legal representation for clients in Tallahassee and throughout northern Florida, focusing on serious personal injury matters, including motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice and wrongful death.
After graduating from Gordon Military Academy in 1965, Mr. Corry attended the University of South Florida and received his Bachelor of Arts in 1969. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor from Florida State University College of Law in 1973. Admitted to practice in Florida, Mr. Corry is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida as well as the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th and 11th Circuits.
The current president of the Capital City Justice Association, Mr. Corry has long been a member of the Florida Justice Association and served on its board of directors. Some of the other associations that he is a member of include the American Bar Association, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the American Board of Trial Advocates, and he previously served as president of the Tallahassee Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Among the noteworthy awards Mr. Corry has received are the 2004 Staff Appreciation Award and the 2005 In Defense of Justice Award from the Florida Justice Association.
As an active member of his community, Mr. Corry has served on the board of directors for the LeMoyne Art Foundation in Tallahassee. He is also a member of the vestry at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Quincy. Highly regarded by his peers, Mr. Corry has received the AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1973, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.corrylaw.com/william-corry
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Nominated as Florida Attorney Who Excels in the Area of Civil Trial Litigation, Law & Leading Attorneys
- Selected for Membership by Martindale-Hubbell in their Registry of Pre-Eminent Lawyers from 2002 - 2012
- Civil Trial Lawyer of the Year award from the American Board of Trial Advocates, Tallahassee Chapter, 2004
- Lawdragon Magazine as one of the Nation's Best Personal Injury Attorneys
- Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite, 2011 - 2012
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum - Top Trial Lawyers in America
- University of Florida, Tampa, Florida, B.A.
- Florida, 1973
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1974
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Tallahassee Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Florida Justice Association (Formerly the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, AFTL)
- Former, Board of Directors, Florida Justice Association (Formerly the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, AFTL)
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Former President, Capital City Justice Association
Office location for William W. Corry
541 Beverly Court
Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023