Alan F. Wagner
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Tampa, FloridaWagner McLaughlin
As a senior partner and the president of Wagner McLaughlin, P.A., Alan F. Wagner uses his more than 30 years of experience as an attorney to fight for the rights of plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death matters. He serves clients throughout Florida in matters relating to medical malpractice, products liability, bad faith litigation, professional negligence, commercial disputes, legal malpractice and toxic torts.
Mr. Wagner has a passion for obtaining compensation for those who have been hurt by the wrongful or negligent conduct of others. He is noted for his trial advocacy skills and his ability to examine expert witnesses, which is critical to success in personal injury litigation. The National Board of Trial Advocacy and The Florida Bar have both certified him as a civil trial lawyer.
The American College of Trial Lawyers, the premier professional trial organization in America, inducted Mr. Wagner as a fellow in 2005. He also received the rating of AV* from his peers through the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. Additionally, the Florida Supreme Court appointed him to the Florida Standard Jury Instructions Committee on civil matters, and he served on this committee from 2006-2012.
In 1983, Mr. Wagner graduated with high honors and received his law degree from the Florida State University College of Law. He previously taught as an adjunct professor of appellate advocacy and legal writing at the Stetson University College of Law.
During his free time, Mr. Wagner serves on the board of the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association and the Florida Justice Association. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, the American Board of Trial Advocates and The American Law Institute. He also enjoys piloting and has licenses to fly single- and multiengine planes.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Class Actions, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dental Malpractice, Ethics & Professional Responsibility, Informed Consent, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Professional Malpractice - Other, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Torts, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1983, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.wagnerlaw.com/our-team/alan-wagner/
- The United States Supreme Court
- Former adjunct professor of legal writing and appellate advocacy, Stetson University College of Law
- Board of Directors 2011-2014, Florida Justice Association (www.floridajusticeassociation.org)
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (www.ACTL.com)
- Admitted to The Florida Bar in 1983
- Sustaining member, American Association for Justice (www.justice.org)
- Member, American Law Institute (www.ali.org)
- The U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Appointed by the Florida Supreme Court to serve on the Florida Standard Jury Instructions Committee (Civil)(2006-2012)
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates (www.abota.org)
- ‘AV’ rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Board Certified Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate, The National Board of Trial Advocacy and The National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy (www.nblsc.us)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, The Florida Bar (www.floridabar.org)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, The National Board of Trial Advocacy (www.NBTAnet.org)
- Graduated from Vanderbilt University in 1980
Office location for Alan F. Wagner
601 Bayshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606