Brian L. Thompson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
Brian L. Thompson has been an attorney at Morgan & Morgan since January 2012. Based in the firm's office in Tampa, Florida, he focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, and his experience encompasses workers' compensation matters as well. Mr. Thompson has been admitted to practice before all Florida state courts since 1987, and he is also admitted to practice in Mississippi and Pennsylvania, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
The majority of Mr. Thompson's personal injury cases since joining Morgan & Morgan have involved nursing home abuse and neglect, and he represents residents who have been the victims of such behavior, as well as their family members. Nursing home abuse can come in several forms. Physical abuse can include battery, overmedication, unwanted sexual contact and force feeding. Mental abuse often involves verbal threats, degradation and emotional manipulation. Nursing home neglect can take the form of the failure to provide medical treatment, unsanitary conditions and the failure to assist with a resident's personal hygiene requirements. Many residents are reluctant to tell anyone that they are being neglected or abused, and thus it is often up to their loved ones to notice the signs.
Many of these cases are settled privately in favor of the plaintiff. However, when necessary, Mr. Thompson has taken these matters to court, and he has been able to obtain significant recoveries for his clients. His fellow professionals have taken note of his successful track record and have awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Thompson received his Juris Doctor with honors from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 1987.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Brian L. Thompson
First Admitted: 1987, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/brian-thompson/
- One of Florida’s “Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine
- Named one of Florida’s Super Lawyers consecutively since 2008
- The American Board of Trial Advocates
- The Florida Bar
- Loyola University, magna cum laude, 1979
- Irwin v. Bayfront Medical Center, 2012
- Cruz v. Bethamy, 2015
- Pacy v. Castle Court, 2015
- Makovsky v. LP Sebring, 2015
- Rowat v. Clearwater SNF, 2016
- #VerdictAlert: Angeli Murthy and Allie Rattet just won $130,000.00 for their client in a labor and employment laws… https://t.co/lzNwUBuJUj
- “For years we filed claims bills in the Florida Legislature without success – but we never gave up,” Morgan & Morga… https://t.co/m8HvGURQ2u
- Recap of the Plaza Fiesta event hosted by our #Abogados attorneys in ATL! Thank you to the entire community for co… https://t.co/LXWmdc5PZc
- #VerdictAlert: Zach Wiley and Burke Keaty just received a $250,000.00 verdict for their client in a heavily disput… https://t.co/SaOEQ5Boww
Last Updated: 5/15/2022